What will be the next technology to go?

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
Meaning it won't be sold anymore at the stores or on the internet. Could it be HDDs, dvd players, irons or whatever? (inspired by a radio talk show I was listening to)

In chronological order: HDD (replaced by SDD), domain names as we know it, human drivers, and books

DVD Players & DVD's, Music CD's
I was going to say that but I have reservations, how do you get your existing CD/DVD software/music on the usb sticks SD's etc etc, maybe in the distant future but not now.

I think the video cards will be next since they are working on dedicated GPU's to be incorporated with the CPU's

Same way you had to get all your VHS tapes to DVD (or perhaps you aren't old enough to remember that :rofl:)....

A few things come to mind. I think it's very unlikely that newspapers will be around much longer. They've pretty much been replaced by the internet, and the current holdouts seem to mostly be older people. Also, slide film is about to go away pretty soon. Kodak just discontinued theirs, and the only positive-positive printing materials keep going up in price. Some of the kodak users will probably switch to fuji, which may keep theirs going a bit longer, but it's pretty much been killed by digital.

A few things come to mind. I think it's very unlikely that newspapers will be around much longer. They've pretty much been replaced by the internet, and the current holdouts seem to mostly be older people. Also, slide film is about to go away pretty soon. Kodak just discontinued theirs, and the only positive-positive printing materials keep going up in price. Some of the kodak users will probably switch to fuji, which may keep theirs going a bit longer, but it's pretty much been killed by digital.
Good ones. I've not come in touch with any of these things for so long that they simply escaped my mind!

Back
Top Bottom