What TYPE of printer do i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always been a believer in separating out functions in order to get the best of every world. When you start combining things, the quality tends to decrease. Now, this was a bigger problem five years ago...they are getting better. HP makes some good quality printers now. Epson used to be top of the line ITO pictures and quality text/graphics but HP and Canon have taken over there.

Now, when you throw in networking, the all-in-one printers become something to look at seriously, as the regular printers tend to lack this feature by and large. With the AIO printers, Canon and HP are still good brands. You are going to spend a bit of money. To give you an idea, a great photo printer (no networking) you can get for about $100. The AIO with networking you will spend between two and three hundred for a decent one.

A few good ones to look at are the HP Photosmart with Fax (~$300), the HP Photosmart C6380 (~$200). Both will print via Ethernet and WiFi. The second, though, does not have the ability to fax. The first is better quality, has faxing capabilities and has better quality copying. To me, it would be worth the extra hundred bucks. I have had the need to fax documents several times over the years. Good luck dude. John.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/202447/Epson-WorkForce-310-Color-All-In/

I love my Epson NX-300. That's the non network version of that one. It's easy on the ink. All colors come as a seperate cartridge and the kit is like 60.00USD. Less if you shop around. And it's easy on the ink. If you run out of black it will pop up and ask you if you want to mix the colors to get black to keep going. It turns out to be a blue so dark you look at it and swear it's black. Neat feature if you're churning out documents for school or work in the middle of the night and run out of black.
Only real complaint I have is when it grabs a sheet to feed in, it's a little noisy. But hey, what ya want for under a 100...

You really can buy any printer you want, with or without networking and wireless. If it doesn't have networking and wireless all you have to do is connect it to one of your pc's and share it over the network. The pc has to be on for it to work though. That's what I do, I just have the printer shared across the network and I can print from my laptop to that printer, easy peasy. If all you want is print/copy/scan then just buy something cheap(ish) that will get the job done. Anything by Epson, Canon or HP will do just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom