what should i do with my pc?

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
hey, i have an oldercomputer running windows xp that I want to play around and expirment with. Have any ideas of what i could do? :confused:

A) Give it to me ... I'll have it if you don't want it. :)

B) Try out other Windows OS's with it, ones you haven't used before.

C) Try Linux out on it (Yay!)

D) Take it apart, take a look inside and get used to what the inside of a computer looks like. Look at the parts, learn what they are, and learn what they do.

E) Blow it up. I will give you my help, since I seem to be an expert with explosives. :)

lol, those are some interesting ideas.
but i'd rather keep it, and I don't think I'm going to blow it up anytime soon. :D
I did think about installing linux, but how do i format the harddrive, or what ever i have to do to get windows off and get linux on?

crazyman143 said:
hey, i have an oldercomputer running windows xp that I want to play around and expirment with. Have any ideas of what i could do? :confused:

Linux is probably a good idea; but if it has XP on it then Sell it! :D

I'll probably put linux on it, but where do I get Linux, and how so I get Windows off and Linux on??

SuSe is great, never used Red Hat. However you have to pay for SuSe ....

I've personally used Libranet Linux and Vector Linux ... I strongly recomment Libranet Linux. Easy to install, easy to use, good options even while not using it for the net (the capabilities of it while connected to the net must be fantastic) ... just try it. It's free, and it's a little beauty of an OS. :)

Back
Top Bottom