what is the reason that athiests celebrate christmas?

Isn't it supposed to be called a non-denominational winter holiday?

*ahem* Yeah, I'll shut up now.

christmas is a christian holiday.

i2christmas_tree.png
<<<<<<<<<<<<< and that is a christian tradition also

and this

0041-0503-1616-4056.jpg

so if atheists don't believe in christianity or watever, then why take traditions from em?

A lot of people view Christmas as like a day to gather the family near eachother. A lot of people don't even set up trees, and sometimes don't even give gifts. It's kinda like a family reunion day, and if the Athiests want to celebrate that, let them.

Are you kidding me, Santa Claus = Christian? Wasn't he just a marketing icon invented by Coca Cola decades ago? I am also pretty sure that decorating a Christmas tree started in Germany in the 16th century too, a bit late to be a Christian tradition.

Christians are so ignorant, call me arrogant but the date of Christmas is completely astrological and Jesus is nothing but a personification of the sun. Open your eyes, why do you think prophets like Horus of Egypt, Attis of Greece, Krishna of India, Dionysus of Greece, Mithra of Persia and many others that share the same attributes - a virgin birth on December 25th, Dead for 3 days before the inevitable resurrection and the 12 disciples or followers.

The 'Star in the East' is Sirius which on December 24th, aligns with the three brightest stars on Orion's Belt and these stars are called today what they were called in ancient times, 'the three kings'. Sirius and the three kings on December 25th then point to the sunrise, this is why the three kings 'follow' the star in the East in order to locate the sunrise - the birth of the sun!

This thread is full of generalizations with nothing but attacks on people's views..

Why should anyone be picked out of a group and questioned on why they celebrate a certain day, or act a certain way? They do it because they have the freedom to..

I wasn't so disturbed by your question as I was the comment that 'Christians are ignorant'. -- Lets step back here.. Christians are ignorant because of their beliefs? You might be considered ignorant for your own..

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs folks, whether you agree with them or not. This is a public forum where we have all types of people who come in, ranging from all types of backgrounds and ethnicities. Why don't you consider their feelings?

This thread has turned sour.. and quite honestly, the IGNORANCE of some of you has sickened me. I don't care whether it be Christmas, or any old day to you.. it doesn't take much out of yourself to respect someone.

This thread is full of generalizations with nothing but attacks on people's views..

Why should anyone be picked out of a group and questioned on why they celebrate a certain day, or act a certain way? They do it because they have the freedom to..

I wasn't so disturbed by your question as I was the comment that 'Christians are ignorant'. -- Lets step back here.. Christians are ignorant because of their beliefs? You might be considered ignorant for your own..

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs folks, whether you agree with them or not. This is a public forum where we have all types of people who come in, ranging from all types of backgrounds and ethnicities. Why don't you consider their feelings?

This thread has turned sour.. and quite honestly, the IGNORANCE of some of you has sickened me. I don't care whether it be Christmas, or any old day to you.. it doesn't take much out of yourself to respect someone.

I do agree with your stance on this, but I must say.. I have met many Christians that I don't like. (Note, it is them, not their religion. I am neutral on what people decide to believe in. Thats their own business.)

Back
Top Bottom