Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: what is the reason that athiests celebrate christmas?

It's a commercial North American holiday.

DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:15 PM   #12
Golden Master

Isn't it supposed to be called a non-denominational winter holiday?

*ahem* Yeah, I'll shut up now.

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:17 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~NeonFire372~ View Post
Isn't it supposed to be called a non-denominational winter holiday?

*ahem* Yeah, I'll shut up now.
christmas is a christian holiday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< and that is a christian tradition also

and this

so if atheists don't believe in christianity or watever, then why take traditions from em?
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

Because their entrenched in North American culture
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:42 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev View Post
christmas is a christian holiday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<< and that is a christian tradition also

and this

so if atheists don't believe in christianity or watever, then why take traditions from em?
czu everybody does it! christams has bleneded into american culture!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:48 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

A lot of people view Christmas as like a day to gather the family near eachother. A lot of people don't even set up trees, and sometimes don't even give gifts. It's kinda like a family reunion day, and if the Athiests want to celebrate that, let them.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeReiner View Post
Everybody gets a bunch of presents. Why the hell not do it? thats what I think.
Exactly.
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

Are you kidding me, Santa Claus = Christian? Wasn't he just a marketing icon invented by Coca Cola decades ago? I am also pretty sure that decorating a Christmas tree started in Germany in the 16th century too, a bit late to be a Christian tradition.

Christians are so ignorant, call me arrogant but the date of Christmas is completely astrological and Jesus is nothing but a personification of the sun. Open your eyes, why do you think prophets like Horus of Egypt, Attis of Greece, Krishna of India, Dionysus of Greece, Mithra of Persia and many others that share the same attributes - a virgin birth on December 25th, Dead for 3 days before the inevitable resurrection and the 12 disciples or followers.

The 'Star in the East' is Sirius which on December 24th, aligns with the three brightest stars on Orion's Belt and these stars are called today what they were called in ancient times, 'the three kings'. Sirius and the three kings on December 25th then point to the sunrise, this is why the three kings 'follow' the star in the East in order to locate the sunrise - the birth of the sun!
Thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

This thread is full of generalizations with nothing but attacks on people's views..

Why should anyone be picked out of a group and questioned on why they celebrate a certain day, or act a certain way? They do it because they have the freedom to..

I wasn't so disturbed by your question as I was the comment that 'Christians are ignorant'. -- Lets step back here.. Christians are ignorant because of their beliefs? You might be considered ignorant for your own..

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs folks, whether you agree with them or not. This is a public forum where we have all types of people who come in, ranging from all types of backgrounds and ethnicities. Why don't you consider their feelings?

This thread has turned sour.. and quite honestly, the IGNORANCE of some of you has sickened me. I don't care whether it be Christmas, or any old day to you.. it doesn't take much out of yourself to respect someone.
Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahawolf View Post
This thread is full of generalizations with nothing but attacks on people's views..

Why should anyone be picked out of a group and questioned on why they celebrate a certain day, or act a certain way? They do it because they have the freedom to..

I wasn't so disturbed by your question as I was the comment that 'Christians are ignorant'. -- Lets step back here.. Christians are ignorant because of their beliefs? You might be considered ignorant for your own..

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs folks, whether you agree with them or not. This is a public forum where we have all types of people who come in, ranging from all types of backgrounds and ethnicities. Why don't you consider their feelings?

This thread has turned sour.. and quite honestly, the IGNORANCE of some of you has sickened me. I don't care whether it be Christmas, or any old day to you.. it doesn't take much out of yourself to respect someone.
I do agree with your stance on this, but I must say.. I have met many Christians that I don't like. (Note, it is them, not their religion. I am neutral on what people decide to believe in. Thats their own business.)

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote

« got ma quad! | Oced »