what my family learned today

Rubber314Chicken

Golden Master
when you disconnect the wireless router to connect a lap top to transfer 6 gigs of files, you must reconnect that wireless router to get wireless internet again.

and they had to wake my up for that.

all the other ethernet ports were in use, so I used that to connect a laptop so the transfer wouldn't take place over wireless, and be slower.

today when im in my room, im going to print sometime (the printer is right next to my sister computer) that says "did i scare you" because she has no idea that i can print stuff from my room now :p we got a printer for x-mas and i had to set it up to share and stuff.

i also have to remove limewire (my sister broke her game, he tried to fix that :rolleyes: good intentions, he hasnt been too computer literate lately, he use to be right up there with the best though) virus's from my dad's computer.....although i think a reinstall would be better if i could find our OS disks

today when im in my room, im going to print sometime (the printer is right next to my sister computer) that says "did i scare you" because she has no idea that i can print stuff from my room now :p we got a printer for x-mas and i had to set it up to share and stuff.

i also have to remove limewire (my sister broke her game, he tried to fix that :rolleyes: good intentions, he hasnt been too computer literate lately, he use to be right up there with the best though) virus's from my dad's computer.....although i think a reinstall would be better if i could find our OS disks

yea, my sister's computer needs that.... too bad she thinks the only solution is to buy a new prebuilt computer because she says I f*** everything up and that is why I have to use hers to print (too bad 98se doesn't print share with xp)

you can print share with other OS's just fine, you just have to install XP drivers on the host computer, than you can use, or thats how ours works.

My parents are demanding noobs. They run a home business, so I had to make an easy to use program in VBasic where they just input certain values and it put them in a nice neat estimate.

Then they wanted a file server. They didn't call it a file server though. Now I'm working on figuring out how to setup the answering machine with dual inboxes. I kinda like doing this stuff though. It's entertaining and since they never stop asking for stuff, it keeps me on my edge. Especially since they never want something simple.

Hah, my parents are computer noobs with everything. I setup the home network and I'm the admin, so every little problem with the network they come running to me to fix it. Even when it's a little problem with plugging something in.

On the bright side, I can kick people off our network as I please. :D

Back
Top Bottom