What made you get into computers

when i got my first computer i read a couple of articles on hacking and thought that sounds interesting so i just got into computers that way.

Hehe,

I first got into computers when I was about 10. My parents bought it, supposedly for school work, a Pentium with 200Mhz of raw CPU power, and a Voodoo 3D graphics card.

It was installed with a few games too, including Pandimonium (I actually got into that), Theme Hospital (Funny game), Dungeon Keeper (My bro got interested in that).
The theme we had on it was a Dungeon Keeper theme too (It was built by one of my dads mates, mates and so not exactly a proffessional build, so he just put loads on). I loved what it said when it booted up, "Welcome To My Realm", and the backdrop was quite good too that I can remember.

Anyways, it ran games for quite a while, a couple years at least before I updated to an AMD Thunderbird 1.2 Ghz, Geforce 2MX400 card (Built by my dads mate) (My new PC is the first one I'd built)

I just got used to Windows really fast and enjoyed using it. I used it mostly for games at first, but then got hold of 3D Movie Maker by Microsoft and started making small films (an old program now. Basically if you built a model out of spheres and blocks, you had to move every single shape every frame (wasn't meant for that complex of movies).

This is probably how I got into Animation, and from there built up to learn other programs like Paint Shop Pro at the time for animation too.

Most of my time though was used on the old PC for learning how computers work. Breaking it quite alot, needing fixing by my dads mate again (I knew nothing then :p) but I quickly learnt from my mistakes, and learnt how to fix them...

7 years later, I'm where I am now I guess. But thats how I started out :p Nice story huh? lol

i'm not too sure what got me started really. However i always remember getting into them when i was about 5 years old and haven't stopped since.

At the moment I'd say I'm more experimental, yet I am trying to start my own mini film projects, and possibly a film. Yet the ideas I come up with (very little), i cant put from a storyboard I make to the program the way I'd want it to, so i end up getting bored messing around with it. (Modelling isn't my strong point, though I can with some stuff (extruding is my prob)...then again, character modelling isn't either yet))

I'm only 17, so no I haven't got a job in animating, though I want to be an animator when i'm older :)

The first entertainment computer I could say I had was the Megadrive in my house, with SOnic 1 as the first game! :D

Kewl Semtex, what computer did you start out with?

i started my computer career by playing some games on ye ole Apples at me father's workplace.
later i got addicted to Tetris and Pong. I saw parts of the internet for the first time in 1990 or 1991.

Thats kewl :) Your into puzzle/strategy type games then, i'd think?

How much of the internet was available then? I know Google wasn't :p (How did you navigate without that? haha)
Was it still quite big by then? because I know it was reletivley new 10 or so years ago...I think anyways. I didn't get on the Internet till late 1998 ish...

I don't really know! I just sat on my computer all night and they fascinated me! Lol. I saw my brother upgrading some parts and got interested!!

Kewl, Welcome to the forums by the way Voodoo.
A word of note though, your going to get picked on because your Sig is more than 5 lines :p...

When abouts was this? How long ago I mean?
What tpy eof things did you like doing on it? and can you upgrade PC's? Build them yourself? Or do you want to? :) Very interesting thing to do if you haven't yet

Oops, I'll change my sig. I'm only 14 so it was only about 5 years ago when I was 9 or so I got interested. But I didn't know anything then! Everything I've learnt (not that much) I learnt by myself. I hoep to learn a lot more

Back
Top Bottom