What the hell?(Torrents)

Dot Cong

In Runtime
Ok I just don't understand. I used to be able to dload torrents at like 300-500kb/s! Now I'm barely breaking 30KB/S with 15/20 - Seed/Peer! Somebody tell me what's bottlenecking me please? This is just downright annoying.

15 seeds and 20 peers is your problem lol.

you got 20 people trying to download at 100kb/s like yourself, and probably 15 people with their uploads set at about, 10 kb lol

or your TCP ports are not configured. In vista they have lowerd them, in XP theirs a tweak around to get 80 tcp max ports, maybe thats what it is.

It's probably just the torrent. Go to a better torrent, and you'll probably see better results.

You can't download any faster than people are uploading...

It's odd though, because I used to get the 300-500 speeds with the same number of seeds/peers. I wonder if it's something to do with my TCP ports.

It's odd though, because I used to get the 300-500 speeds with the same number of seeds/peers. I wonder if it's something to do with my TCP ports.
Let me repeat myself. It depends on the torrent. I would be willing to bet that on your other torrent, the seeders were uploading a few hundred kilobytes per second. On this one, they might be only doing 30.

Yes, I know you can optimize things Antdemo. But that's clearly not the problem if before, on the same setup, he was getting better results.

Back
Top Bottom