Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-25-2008, 07:05 PM   #51
Site Team
 
T-MAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,058
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
Honestly, if people really care about the opinions of random people they'll never probably meet, it's pretty sad. If some random person told you to fuck off on the internet, would it really bother you that much? I don't care if you agree with my opinion, or not. That's why I come here, because people here agree and disagree.
Yes, disagreeing and agreeing is all part of life, everybody has differing opinions, it is how you go about it is the important thing. To resort to straight out abuse as per Antdemo, is not only against the rules, it shows just what sort of person he really is.
__________________

__________________
1st Puter - Intel Pent D 3.4GHz, 2 GIG Ram, GeForce 9800GT, Windows 7 Home.
2nd Puter - AMD Athlon Dual Core 2.69GHz, 2 GIG Ram, GeForce 7600GT, XP Home.
Lappy - Intel Dual Core 1.73GHz, 2 GIG Ram, Vista Home Premium.
Piss off George Monks = gmcrepair? YES, YES it was.
Yeah he likes to boost his count.
T-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:20 PM   #52
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

So is he permanently banned at this point?
__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:57 PM   #53
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

Do you know what the single problem with this forum is? The rules are upheld inconsistently. That is why you get this sort of situation. I hope from now on we can stick to the rules and avoid stuff like this.

I know I've argued on behalf of some members who were in similar situation. From this point on I'll remain neutral. David and the mods will decide what is best. Hopefully, they'll stick to the rules.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:59 PM   #54
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 7,534
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
So is he permanently banned at this point?
What an awesome Christmas gift that'd be!
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #55
Site Team
 
Lowndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
So is he permanently banned at this point?
The mods are in agreement for a PB yes. It is up to David now as he is the only one who can change it from a Temp to a perm until it expires.
__________________
JogaBonito1502: I guess Microsoft is really not to blame. Sorry!

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:46 PM   #56
Fully Optimized
 
rohan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,087
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinn View Post
Thats probably the worst reason to be here. You should be here to learn and share your knowledge. Not to agrue.
That's how knowledge is shared. When people argue about the latest hardware, or news, you gain more information. You begin to see a topic from a point of view, you could never imagine before. Just like arguing about the best graphic card model. I say "A" and you say "B". When we start throwing off facts, the poster will learn.
__________________
Macook 13.3

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #57
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
That's how knowledge is shared. When people argue about the latest hardware, or news, you gain more information. You begin to see a topic from a point of view, you could never imagine before. Just like arguing about the best graphic card model. I say "A" and you say "B". When we start throwing off facts, the poster will learn.
Too bad when Antdemo argued it was never like that. It was more like disagreement then followed by extreme temper flaring and cussing.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:59 AM   #58
Site Team
 
root's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 8,006
Default Re: What happened to Antdemo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dUALbiosv45 View Post
yer I do, infact i make 1 because I had to pm and apologise to someone.

I'd rather get it over and done with.

sometimes rules are better broken then amended.
no, you didn't have to send a PM, you could have waited till your ban was expired, you should have waited till your ban was expired.
I don't see how the rule that if you are banned you shouldn't create new accounts is better broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dUALbiosv45 View Post
I can;t just leave the thread and bring it back up 10days lator, I'd rather make that my final post until I am unbanned if am not fair enough, i'll still be here just not registered.

No doubt
yes you could, there are no rules against that, if you'd have been banned for a month then I could see the point, but there are no rules against bringing up 2 week old threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
So why wasn't he PBd? As far as I can tell he's immature and obviously hasn't learned anything from his previous bans.
I was lenient, I banned him for two weeks because I thought, (as I explained in my post that says that he was banned) that it sounded like he'd had a bad day at work.
if you don't want that kind of leniency lets hope that you never have a bad day and have to rely on it.
Quote:
Not to mention he has made multiple accounts while being banned under another account.
well, had I known that he'd make more accounts after I banned him then of course I 'd have permenantly banned him for suspecting that he may break the rules in the future
Quote:
We PBd George for doing this and I think Antdemo needs a PB as well. If anything the mods have been to lenient with this character. He's been banned several times after being banned for two years and yet people still want him back? for god sakes why not just let Brookfield, George, Dark Night and the rest of the gang back? This leniency obviously isn't working because every time we let a banned member back in they screw up and the cycle keeps repeating itself. I guess the rules of this forum don't apply anymore.
rules do apply, and the rules do apply equally, though yes some do get more chances than others,
so far as george goes, he's got tens of multiple accounts, antdemo has made one, do you think that's the same?
Brookfield, again, that's a completely different case.
Dark night, again, it's just not the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
but this is like the 3rd or 4th time he has been banned for blowing his top at another member so if i where a mod i would say at minimum until new year if not perm from my point of view . im sure the mod involved will have their reasons for not issueing a perm ban
he was banned until the new year. and shouldn't have come back until the new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0Cool View Post
Mods please find it in you to be lenient.
already did, it didn't work.
__________________

__________________
I didn’t fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian…
Im sick of people saying 'dont waste paper'. If trees wanted to live, they'd all carry guns.
"The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; The inherent vice of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries."
root is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0