Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-01-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Default What a good day today is...

Well I woke up this morning already in a great mood because I knew my new TV was coming in from NewEgg. To my surprise I checked my tracking for my new bluray player which I ordered seperate the next day wasn't supposed to come in till tomorrow was listed as out for delivery from the same city my TV was in. So I got all happy and then proceeded to check the rest of my email. Then something else great happened... Well I guess because I am enrolled in a CIS program at my college I get access to TONS of free software from MSDN. So I go on and check it out and there was Windows 7 PRO (x64), (x86), Visual Studio 2010, visio pro 2010, Expressions 2010, and TONS of other Microsoft software for me to chose from. I was like .

So I DL a bunch of software and then my doorbell rings, YEP UPS guy... Set up my new TV, Bluray player, and server software to connect my Bluray player to my home network and am now watching beautiful HD movies off my computer until I get all the blurays I ordered randomly the last few days.

Hope your days are all going well TOO...

Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: What a good day today is...

What TV and Blu-ray player did you get?
I just got a home theater system too
The LG LBH975
Home-network, youtube, everything

4 gigs DDR2 1066 RAM... 640 gig hard drive
Gigabyte Ud4P-MA790x
Whyfly?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

i got a toshiba 40g300u tv and an lg bd570r. I got it for the built in wifi mostly but it also has netflix, pandora features. I have a ton of hd movies on my comp and it is just easier to watch them over my network than it is to have to burn em to disk and then bring em downstairs. It also plays just about every type of movie file including Divx files so I can stream tons of crap off the internet and just watch em without converting them.
Raidmax Smilodon Extreme Black Case -|-AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 3829.50 Mhz (18.5 x 207, vcore 1.424, NB 2600 mhz, HT link 2200 mhz) -|- Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V -|- Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P Mobo -|- G. Skill 6Gb (3 x 2Gb) DDR3 1333 RAM 7-7-7-18-2t -|- WD Caviar 7200 RPM 1 TB HDD -|- OCZ GameXtreme 700W -|- Radeon 4870 1Gb @ 780/1050 -|- Asus VW202NR 20" wide-screen -|- Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit -|- Saitek Cyborg Keyboard -|- Razer Lachesis Mouse
PokerDegenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

MSDN is great. I got Windows 7 Ultimate RC a month before it was released. So now I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

It has been great, I just got back from a Hookah Bar about 2 blocks from my house. But your day seems far better than mine haha

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerDegenerate View Post
Well I woke up this morning already in a great mood because I knew my new TV was coming in from NewEgg. To my surprise I checked my tracking for my new bluray player which I ordered seperate the next day wasn't supposed to come in till tomorrow was listed as out for delivery from the same city my TV was in. So I got all happy and then proceeded to check the rest of my email. Then something else great happened... Well I guess because I am enrolled in a CIS program at my college I get access to TONS of free software from MSDN. So I go on and check it out and there was Windows 7 PRO (x64), (x86), Visual Studio 2010, visio pro 2010, Expressions 2010, and TONS of other Microsoft software for me to chose from. I was like .

So I DL a bunch of software and then my doorbell rings, YEP UPS guy... Set up my new TV, Bluray player, and server software to connect my Bluray player to my home network and am now watching beautiful HD movies off my computer until I get all the blurays I ordered randomly the last few days.

Hope your days are all going well TOO...
Pics or it didn't happen......lol

Oh yeah...and....how's it goin' man, long time no see.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Well my day started out with me blowing my amp speaker and half way going death, my computer now continually blue screens because of a HDD error, and now i'm just going to lock myself in my room and hope nothing else can happen lol.