What Is Good About Where You Live?

BK_123

Golden Master
So I've been thinking of this for awhile now and so as the title says. For me where I live Hobart, Tasmania the little island state at the bottom of Australia. Its great because it's very small compared to the major captials. You can live close by and still have a house with a decent block of land and you won't find massive apartment buildings or skyscrapers.

I live in a sort of field. Just a bit ago i saw one of the Biggest Road-Runners ever seen with my eyes!! All kinds of wildlife I don't have to go somewhere to see it. :flowers:

I'd love to live in the countryside. Lots of people my age are all for the hustle and bustle of city life... but not me. Give me lemonade in the sun and a big open field any day...

Only good place about where I live is how central it is and how cheap properties are compared to some other areas...

I have only one real beef and thats when Fort Hood decides to have target practice at 300 am in the morning... As far as they are from me the really big guns will shake the house.

I live in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Too bad I'm not an outdoorsy kind of guy as there are loads of stuff around here... hiking, fishing, boating, white water rafting (right up the highway), camping, etc. If you google for the Ocoee River it is about 10-15 minutes from me.

Chattanooga is about 30 miles away, Knoxville is less than 100, Atlanta is about 120, Nashville is about 175.

I live in San Antonio, a big bustling city. :eek:

What I'd give to get out and go to the countryside. sigh

Here's the ol' hacienda. From the porch you can look through the Bradford pears along the driveway and see Chilhowee Mountain, Sand Mountain, Little Mountain, Sugarloaf Mountain. The Ocoee River runs at the feet of these mountains, plus you have to cross the bottom end of the Ocoee River to get to them.

Attachments

• Hacienda.jpg
    Hacienda.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 6
Which house?
The great thing about the mountain place is it's isolation and solitude and natural beauty and peacefulness.
The great thing about the house in the valley is it's in a huge city with access to anything in the world close by, an NFL stadium a few blocks away an NHL arena right next to that, an NBA arena down town near the MLB field.
We have a lot of 5 star restaurants and some great jazz diners.
Entertainment is all around yet it's a quiet neighborhood where my house is.
The great thing about the house on the beach is...it's right on the beach.

Is that ol hacienda leaning? The car next to it looks level.

Nah. It was taken from my car window on a crappy phone camera that I had at the time. The pic is a little old as the tree closest to the house is no longer there and we've had a lot of dozer work done in the yard. One of these days I will take a new shot of it.

Back
Top Bottom