What forum software would you use?

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
OK, here's the deal. As you may see in my sig, I have a hosted phpbb site where my server hosts other people's forums (like forumer) for free. But right now I only use phpbb. But phpbb is not the best forum IMO (except for the extensive modification opportunities). I am looking at also hosting SMF (Simple Machines Forum) and MyBB. I have the software to host these types of forums and I wanted to get a consensus on if you created a forum, what software would you use? Thanks!

Note: I added vBulletin as a choice, but you cannot legally host vBulletin for free due to the licensing costs.

Namaste,
CH

That's incorrect. You can only distribute those versions if you obtained the software before they removed the download on their website.

Plus, they're riddled with exploits.

That's incorrect. You can only distribute those versions if you obtained the software before they removed the download on their website.

Plus, they're riddled with exploits.

Thank you for that information. I will no longer consider IPB for forum hosting. So i am still looking at SMF and MyBB. Any other suggestions?

I've never heard of them. I'll have to look and see if it's something I can host like the others.

i like FREE lol, and phpBB offers some pretty decent free forums around the web. infact i am using one right now. that site in my sig also uses it. they're pretty good in my opinion. and best of all, FREE :D

Back
Top Bottom