Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: What do you think of this case?

IMO i think its ugly and so does my girlfriend XD looks like a cement block to me! Whatever floats your boat though

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

I like it. Not too flashy. It is a bit dull, but I do agree, it looks professional. If I saw it in an office or school, I would think it was a powerful computer, but if I saw it in a home, and it was owned by a young person, I don't think I would think the computer was so powerful... If that makes any sense...

Old 03-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
The mesh is pretty cool but the rest looks dull and boring like a case from the cheaparse section at the local pc store.
Ok. Well after spending days looking for a case i always found out that when people had a case long term, problems came up, (i looked at lots of video reviews and forum posts) there were even problems with the case when they first got it. Like with the Antec 300 and 900, Fans that came with the case were DOA. And alot of people were saying that antec 300 is a filmsy case and that they have to constantly tighten up screws.

And some user videos revealed that the lian li lancool had warped motherboard trays when the case was shipped to them and many people complain that the lancool is not true lian li quality and that its easy for it to dent.

My point is i wanted a No BS, Strong Steel Case. And from what i have seen the Gigabyte iSolo 230 delivers exactly that. So if the only weaknesses to the case are that it is not 'aesthetically pleasing' or that its 'boring', when it comes to computers that doesnt matter to me.
Prodigy146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

I like it Prod. I think it's sleek and sexy. My one negative, though, is about the mesh screen. If I buy a thousand dollars worth of frickin computer parts, I buy 'em to show off, too. So if I bought that, I'd go to home depot or menards and mod-up a plexi panel in place of it. Good idea, but not so much--plus, it's probably going to get FULL of dust.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
My point is i wanted a No BS, Strong Steel Case. And from what i have seen the Gigabyte iSolo 230 delivers exactly that. So if the only weaknesses to the case are that it is not 'aesthetically pleasing' or that its 'boring', when it comes to computers that doesnt matter to me.
That's cool you go for it. We obviously misunderstood your question cause in your original post you were raving how badass it looks so I personally assumed looks were a big factor in your liking it.

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Whatever happened to liking the Raidmax I linked you too? Hehehe.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Prodigy146 Send a message via MSN to Prodigy146 Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigy146

Quote:
That's cool you go for it. We obviously misunderstood your question cause in your original post you were raving how badass it looks so I personally assumed looks were a big factor in your liking it.
i meant it looking badass in the fact that its a huge steel case and a professional look is appealing to me. but i agree in the fact that it does look boring. But also my question was: Is Gigabyte a reputable company and do they make a good quality product overall?.. It wasnt: Does my case look good to you? which i think is how you were taking my OP

@ Dude: The case did look really cool but after looking at it closely i didnt like the text on the front, that black bar is kinda dumb and im not a fan of doors blocking access to my dvd burner, and always keeping it open would have been an inconvenice since i am constantly burning dvds (ill probably forget its open and knock into it somehow) and taking that door off would take away from the point of the case: To look cool.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #18
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy146 View Post
But also my question was: Is Gigabyte a reputable company and do they make a good quality product overall?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Gigabyte makes a good case, you shouldn't have any problems with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
You'll be paying for a well built and thought out case.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
I have no doubt it is good quality and well built.

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MAN View Post
Nah, looks pretty boring to me, not badass at all really, but if it turns you on go for it man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
IMO i think its ugly and so does my girlfriend XD looks like a cement block to me!
Quote:
The mesh is pretty cool but the rest looks dull and boring like a case from the cheaparse section at the local pc store.

Not all people agree.. or it looks so bad to them that build quality doesnt matter i guess? But its all good i guess i got some replys on gigabytes build quality so thanks