What do you think of America?

mark thorpe said:
Well said LK, i am doing my AS maths at the moment and have just done differentiation and integration last week:D isnt the second bit about more to do with physics than maths though? particles and friction etc. i am doing physics as well, havnt done it yet but im only 1/2 through the first year of my AS levels.
Its applied Maths - something very much in the Further Maths courses and only in Degree Levels. By the time you've done A Level Maths the only things left for you to do is Applied Maths; differentiating and integrating trigonometic functions, and other such things get you ready for this.

Trigonometric Differentiation and Integration? Well your class is a reasonable amount ahead of most of the normal AS classes at my College :D Yeah - its probably in the later second year of Physics that sort of thing but in Mechanics its early first year because all we do is the Maths parts of Physics.

my school does stats in the first year and mechanics next year, so ill probably do it next year!! i am just doing maths, not further maths, i am doing maths, physics, biology and chemistry to AS and dropping chemistry next year, i am going into engineering hopefully, that is why im doing physics and maths, bio and chem i just find fun:D, the integration is in C2, which is what i am studying at the moment. mechanics would probably be good for the engineering as well, as it is a mix between maths and physics!!

What an ass...
Lord Kalthorn said:

I'm sure it is. Just ties in more with the point its for people who do Maths but can't do a Major in it. So they do a Minor in it and Economics for Major instead.
You just can't get the facts can you.. a lot of people in economics are either double minors in math and some other topic, or even double majors. That means they are taking both economics and math at the same time. Stop insulting people who take economics.
OH NO! LOOK AT THAT! Its got five variables! Five variables! Think of the complexity of that equation! A chicken without its head, presuming it can see the information to put the values into the equation before its head is removed, can do that equation. I know people who got 7 Year old grades when they were 11 Years old who could do that equation.[/color]
This is typical of an idiot. You know what is required to figure out each variable? A whole new equation. In fact you need new data for each variable. You're a moron, and all you do is insult a field you know nothing about. That is your own problem, you can't think properly. If you want to be a moron, then that is fine by me. You don't know jack shit either about who can do that problem or not. I had problems getting each variable in that equation. You aren't given the variables. You are given a set of information, and you must inturn derive each variable in the GDP formula with another formula.
Oh deary :D For a moment there I thought there would be some actual algebra, not just piss 13 Year old algebra.
The level of algebra in economics is college level and above. Not just piss 13 year old algebra? You're a moron and you act like one most of the time. You should be kicked and beaten up.

That's not a Pokemon! :D Basically, yes. That is exactly what I am saying. When you can differentiate and integrate trigonometic functions and work out the area of a random curve on a graph, understand how a particle collides and how to work out the speed it will come off at, and how a box moves down a slope involving friction and speed and work and power and energy - then you will be able to do the first half a year of a Maths AS Level :D Let alone the next one and a half years in order to even think about a Math's Degree.
Blah blah blah.. you don't know jack shit about this. You try to speak but you can't speak right because you know nothing. In fact what kind of crap are you spewing? A bunch of nonsense that doesn't add up in the slightest. You don't know anything about this topic.
Maths Degrees are about more than putting numbers into piss algebra expressions.
Into piss algebra expressions? What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell are you like this? You want to be an idiot for this entire forum? Demonstrate you are an idiot? I'm not doing anything to help you with that, but that just seems like what you are doing.
The advantage of Algebra is that you can have a million independent variables and the equation; while hard to work out symbols for :D gets no harder. A Child with a Monkey Brain could get an answer out of a quadratic, or cubic algebra equation. It wouldn't take much more than that to go furher down the variables road either.
Again you demonstrate you know nothing. A child with a monkey brain could get an answer out of a quadratic? You idiot! Do you even know what a quadratic is? [more boobies].

Giancarlo said:
You just can't get the facts can you.. a lot of people in economics are either double minors in math and some other topic, or even double majors. That means they are taking both economics and math at the same time. Stop insulting people who take economics.
I don't insult their knowledge at all. I don't even insult their Maths knowledge - its not an insult if its true :D If they're taking a Maths Major and an Economics Major then much respect to them but I doubt such a thing happens particularly often.

Giancarlo said:
This is typical of an idiot. You know what is required to figure out each variable? A whole new equation. In fact you need new data for each variable. You're a moron, and all you do is insult a field you know nothing about. That is your own problem, you can't think properly. If you want to be a moron, then that is fine by me. You don't know jack shit either about who can do that problem or not. I had problems getting each variable in that equation. You aren't given the variables. You are given a set of information, and you must inturn derive each variable in the GDP formula with another formula.
Variables have equations... again; Chickens know that.

Ah haha... he laughs... I'm sure finding equations from information to fit into that equation is very complicated and hard and unpleasant and challenging and all the things that involve difficulty. ;) If you're doing economics that's one of the things you have to learn to do, the Maths part of that however is just more stuff everybody in my Maths classes, and a good deal of other people can do backwards by the time they're 13 - its not hard to do. You do it in Mechanics all the time with physics equations.

Giancarlo said:
The level of algebra in economics is college level and above. Not just piss 13 year old algebra? You're a moron and you act like one most of the time. You should be kicked and beaten up.
Haha; well I'm sure you must be the only person who thinks Economics is challenging with its Maths :D I haven't taken it but from what you tell me it is piss 13 year old algebra and basic fifteen year old common sense with Economics Knowledge. I think I'm going to have to take an Economics Minor if I go to an American University now - Just to prove to myself.

Giancarlo said:
Blah blah blah.. you don't know jack shit about this. You try to speak but you can't speak right because you know nothing. In fact what kind of crap are you spewing? A bunch of nonsense that doesn't add up in the slightest. You don't know anything about this topic.
Haha - well you proved you don't know even basic AS Maths, which basically proves, if you can do Economics, that it is a piss easy Maths Subject. Mark is two years younger than you is he not? He knew what I was talking about.

Giancarlo said:
Into piss algebra expressions? What the fuck is wrong with you? Why the hell are you like this? You want to be an idiot for this entire forum? Demonstrate you are an idiot? I'm not doing anything to help you with that, but that just seems like what you are doing.
Well putting algebra into algebra is not hard, however complex the numbers. Its the piss Algebra we all know by 13 - maybe not in the US? :D

Giancarlo said:
Again you demonstrate you know nothing. A child with a monkey brain could get an answer out of a quadratic? You idiot! Do you even know what a quadratic is? You brainless SOB.
Haha; I know what a quadratic is, its yet another Monkey Brain word. A quadratic or cubic, and certainly an exponential, is going to be at least as complicated than any equation you'll find in Economics - because you're not going to find expressions which go up or down at a predefined constant rate. You'll probably just end up with a number of simple curves changing gradient at points.

mark thorpe said:
my school does stats in the first year and mechanics next year, so ill probably do it next year!! i am just doing maths, not further maths, i am doing maths, physics, biology and chemistry to AS and dropping chemistry next year, i am going into engineering hopefully, that is why im doing physics and maths, bio and chem i just find fun:D, the integration is in C2, which is what i am studying at the moment. mechanics would probably be good for the engineering as well, as it is a mix between maths and physics!!
Well good luck with it!

Whatever you say.. I'm done with this.. I like more human based applications. That's why I'm thinking about changing my minor from economics to sociology.

I do know basic math, and college level math. Just finished my college math requirements. So don't mock me in that field.

Sociology? Eeee... Don't get me started on Social 'Sciences'. :cool:

Haha - personally I love Maths and Computing, as well as History and Science. English... at least the academic section of it... is not too much fun - too much hair splitting for no reason.

nah dont like english, i prefer the sciences, esp physics and maths. i dont take computing untill next year when i do an AS or something like that, not really sure at the moment, what exactly is involved in sociology? i have never studied it. history is very interesting, but there are too many essays in it, also the examiners would give up trying to read my writing, i have!!:D thats why i type everything, so i can actually read it when i come to revise!!

Back
Top Bottom