What do you see as the trend for computers for the next 5 to 10 years?

wonderboy1953

In Runtime
One possibility I see is IBM's Racetrack Memory which, if it fulfills its promise, would be a great step forward.

At this point it's not even certain if that memory will ever become a commercial product so there's not much point in discussing it.

Regardless, as has been the trend for computers in the past - smaller, faster, cheaper.

Id like to see an improvement in hard-disk technology.

I believe the bottle neck in most computers is the hard-drive. SSD drives have been released which does run faster but there has been a lot of bad press about life span of an SSD drive. I would like to see some sort of a faster hard-drive, with long life span + affordable :)

what i would like for computers in the next 5-10 years: For computers like SCAN's 3XS systems to reduce in price.

what i think is going to happen: Alot more tablets, faster wireless standards, alot more RAM in servers.

Coordination

Id like to see an improvement in hard-disk technology.

I believe the bottle neck in most computers is the hard-drive. SSD drives have been released which does run faster but there has been a lot of bad press about life span of an SSD drive. I would like to see some sort of a faster hard-drive, with long life span + affordable :)

You're suggesting better coordination between various components of a computer so there'd be less or no bottlenecks.

I'm going to set up a new thread on a related item I've been thinking about which some should find interesting.

I would like to see Linux develop games :p! Its about time Linux got a hold of Direct X code so that us Linux user's wouldn't be forced to use Windows!! ( I know that it probably won't happen lol )

Hardware wise, well I think in-terms of performance we are right up there. Anything else is just simply over-kill. But heck...the bigger the better ( in most cases :p )

Back
Top Bottom