Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: What do you guys do...

I order quite a bit of stuff online since I live in a small town and the shipping is cheaper than driving to a location to buy it.

Sometimes I get stuff in the mail that I've completely forgot I've ordered. Today I just got a 208 CD/DVD Case off the pepsi stuff promo. I didn't think it would come for a while I was only really waiting on my copy of Pride FC for the PS2 which had come a few days ago.

I agree with Lac3y though. If its something you want that bad pay for next day shipping. I've done it on several parts that I really needed to finish a project.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #12
Site Team

Depends where I ordered it from!

Old 07-19-2008, 05:46 PM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I just wait for it, I know going in that when you order things online you have to wait for it to be shipped. Thats just part of it.

I'll track it online and make sure it's on time and everything but thats about all you can do. The advantage of buying things online is that you can find things online you can't find in the stores and at prices that you can't find locally. To pay a lot less for something online is worth the wait in my opinion.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:36 PM   #14
In Runtime

PFFT.. 5 days!

I have been waiting 5 weeks for my mini motorbike to come... but only becuase none were in stock when i ordered. Getting it Tuesday or Wednesday lol, but it will be nearly 6 weeks when I get it.
"If your going to skate on thin ice, don't be surprised when you fall through!"
McTrAyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

LOL Play.com, I'd be quicker going to the warehouse on Jersey, picking it up in person and travelling home again... and I live up in Scotland...

They routinely take six days to dispatch stuff Amazon can manage in two, with the same type of postage. Piss poor, but I suppose it is slightly cheaper.

It's because of the damn waiting times that it has to be a pretty epic price difference to warrant me buying online, if something is 20 on the high street and 17 online it's hardly worth the bother IMO.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #16
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
This is excactly whats happening with me and my power supply,i have to wait until Monday until i get it,YARGH!

I wonder if i can sleep until then?
its happenening to me too, i have to wait for my graphics card, and i sold my old one to help me pay, so now i cant play games anymore till i get it....
i get mines on tuesday.....

Quote:
PFFT.. 5 days!

I have been waiting 5 weeks for my mini motorbike to come... but only becuase none were in stock when i ordered. Getting it Tuesday or Wednesday lol, but it will be nearly 6 weeks when I get it.
i ordered a ipod on ebay like 2 years ago, it was suppose to arrive in a week or so, but it took half a year, then the ipod became defective in a week, told the seller about it, returned it for an exchange, and they never did. so then i lost $170....
so much for saving $40 from getting a store right?
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:03 PM   #17
muz
Golden Master

tbh depends what it is
if its a big order like a mobo cpu and ram i will track it and be extremely impatient for days prolly read loads of reviews although i have already read loads before i bought it , usually if i am in college the days go quickly ,
most of the time if its something small i just order it and wait like when i ordered a hdmi cable i just waited it came one day thats it

i have a few good pc shops pretty local so i try and figure if i can get better prices there and go ,if there is a small like 50p difference i usually get it there , that is usually the case anyway cos i would have to pay shipping from online retailers
Old 07-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #18
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to shanaya Send a message via Yahoo to shanaya

I got an order in today, this is not an ad for Brain Toniq, I was just testing out my webcam on my Dell XPS M1530

shanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #19
Wizard of Wires

You think you got it bad having to wait? Consider your business software has a bug that has been rearing its head off and on for several years. Recently it's been every day for 3 days straight.
You explain to the new owner what is going on so he orders a copy of the software they used at other loacations. $7000.00USD a copy.
In the mean time the Win95 based software you're using is loosing it's mind and making you look like a moron and making extra work for the manager.
It will be here Monday. It's a nail biter to see if the w95 programs craps before we get the new software. In the mean time I'm getting all the new network hardware/software installed.

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote