What do you do when you feel depressed?

I've never really been one to advice going to the doctor for depression. Nor do I really believe in anti-depressants, but I'm a pretty happy guy. I do like to talk to people, parents are good ones. And if not them, then friends.

I was dating a girl this summer and it was great! Then she went back to Virginia, and we talked a lot for a week. Then all of a sudden she was, "too busy," and a few weeks later she ends the relationship. And I hardly ever talk to her now. Sad how a person can just let a friendship die. But I talked to my friends, my good friend Amber who has a child and is married (very busy) right away said to call her. So I did, and she talked to me for quite a while. A real friend will make time for you no matter how busy. Then I talked to my other friend about it a few weeks ago.

I've found, as a guy, it's much easier to talk about feelings after 8 or so beers, ha.
Did we date the same girl?

Yeah anti-depressants are best avoided. They also greatly affect your sex life, switching off your libido completely a lot of them from what I've heard. Never a good thing.
Used to take anti-depressants then I turned 21 and realized sex and alcohol IS the solution :)

Used to take anti-depressants then I turned 21 and realized sex and alcohol IS the solution :)

As much as this is a joke....it limited amounts and on limited occasions a case of beer, some good friends, a bon-fire, some great music, and a nice lady to take home is the best solution.

However, see a doctor. (S)He will know whether to prescribe an anti-depressant or if there is something else that would work.

Did we date the same girl?

Probably, lol. Women, can't live with em, can't live without em.

And yes, haha, mmmm, beeeer. The best way to get over a woman is on top of another.

As much as this is a joke....it limited amounts and on limited occasions a case of beer, some good friends, a bon-fire, some great music, and a nice lady to take home is the best solution.

However, see a doctor. (S)He will know whether to prescribe an anti-depressant or if there is something else that would work.
Well yes, with moderation of course.

After I saw my doctor. I was taking anti-depressants for about 6 months, they helped me big time. hate to say it, but your doctor knows best.
you don't have to take any pills if you don't want, just ask what your options are.
before I went in, I was only getting worse, it gets harder to climb out of the hole the deeper you go.

^BAHAHAHA. That's funny.

Hopefully the OP found some suggestions that will work and has taken a step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom