What do you do for a living?

I work in an outsourced IT company, (as in when your company outsources a company like the one I work for comes and takes over)

Where my time is split between support of anything Microsoft (server OS and software) and the other half of my time I spend working working with the network deployment team, either designing or implementing new solutions, the networking team at our place also deals in Linux, so I get fairly good exposure to all areas of tech... Except the desktop (which means over time I've become less and less helpful on these forums as I just don't see a desktop other than my own from day to day.

Being in outsourced it also means that as well as having possibly the vaguest job description in the company in terms of support of all systems and deployment of all ystsems types, we also work for a bunch of different customers, so a bunch of different size deployments technologies and requirements (makes everyday interesting )

I don't do much these days seeing as how I'm legally blind and I'm on disability. I really can't do too much but I manage to keep sort of up to date on computers and tech and ham radio keeps me busy.

I calibrate and maintain air and water quality instruments as well as XRF analyzers and mapping grade GPS's.

Back
Top Bottom