Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy
Default Re: What do I do, I've been acting pretty weird lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratosP View Post
Lately I've been acting very weird, I think it's getting worse and worse. I recently got depression and I've been a bit 'dopey' these last couple weeks. When people talk to me I just stare outside and look at the sky, like I'm dreaming. I'm too lazy all of a sudden, I'm lazy to work, but for entertainment purposes I'll get off my arse. I cannot fall asleep after atleast 30 minutes, once I was up for around 4 hours trying to sleep. Sometime when I sleep my leg just jerks for no apparent reason, it was like I was falling and tried to gain balance, but really I was just in bed...

And I've been getting weird thoughts lately, I would prefer to keep them private for now, but they seem pretty weird..scary weird...

I feel like there a more than one 'versions' of me, sort of like thinking I'm someone else, but same visual appearance and name.

There can't possibly be a disorder with so many symptoms?!?! I mean, this is freaking scary. Anyone know if this is a simple stage through life or something I should consult a doctor with?
Go out and get laid.....does wonders for your depression.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Site Team

pretty silly advice to give a 13 year old

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:27 PM   #13
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
That right there is the worst advice you can get.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #14
Daemon Poster

Bored with life?
Get a job or do something productive.
I get kinda weird too if I sit at the computer and watch T.V for like 3 days straight.
allendale2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:58 PM   #15
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
Stratos you are 13 you should be telling this to your parents
It's not that easy. Telling my parents was the hardest part of it for me, and I'm still hesitant to talk to them about it. WHat I've found that helps best is talking to someone who's been through it before, or is going through it. At the very least it's helping me feel not so lonely and they are not just pretending to know what you are going through.

I have AIM (although I'm rarely able to talk on it with school), email, and PMs If you want to talk or vent just send me a message.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
BSOD

I agree with celegorm. The hardest part of the whole thing is telling someone. At the time i was diagnosed there wasnt much of a forum community though, so this opportunity that you have helps a lot, since you can easily talk about it here (or at least i can :P)

If you can spend some money on some stupid stuff or something. I always find buying new stuff makes me feel awesome for a couple of days lol. Go to the beach and just chill and stare at girls, your on summer break so im sure the beach should be flooded with babes :P Just dont over do it
CrazyTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
pretty silly advice to give a 13 year old
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Um, I was kidding? I know he's 13, geez.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to 88

Arriz had it right from the start. You sound like you're suffering with Insomnia as it does cause all the symptoms you described. You might want to see a doctor to find out what will work best for you.

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:55 PM   #19
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Unfortunatly those also describe depression. Either way, seeing a doctor is the best thing for you. You don't need to tell your parents why you need to go, and the doc can't tell them either (unless you end up getting meds where they will find out). I waited over a year to see a doctor, and I'm suffering from it, big time. Don't make the same mistake I did, see one soon.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #20
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-MAN View Post
Go and see a doctor, you will get better help there than you will on a computer forum.
I'm thinking about it, but I think I'll need a parent or something...which I don't really want to do...

Quote:
Stratos you are 13 you should be telling this to your parents
It's actually harder than it looks.

Quote:
At 13? As much as I would love to I'd have to resist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Rooster View Post
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by allendale2008 View Post
Bored with life?
Get a job or do something productive.
I get kinda weird too if I sit at the computer and watch T.V for like 3 days straight.
Well, I can't really get a job 'til next year. But I think I can pick up a few new hobbies as some of the other posters suggested.

Atm I'm doing DJing, computers, gaming and soccer. I think I'm going to pick up a bit of roller blading, acting, tennis and outdoorsy stuff like camping etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
It's not that easy. Telling my parents was the hardest part of it for me, and I'm still hesitant to talk to them about it. WHat I've found that helps best is talking to someone who's been through it before, or is going through it. At the very least it's helping me feel not so lonely and they are not just pretending to know what you are going through.

I have AIM (although I'm rarely able to talk on it with school), email, and PMs If you want to talk or vent just send me a message.
Yes, I'm glad someone understands. It's hard to do, because it's embarrassing. And SOMETIMES parents aren't the BEST to go with. Thank you for the offer too, I appreciate it

Thanks once again for the posts guys.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTiger View Post
I agree with celegorm. The hardest part of the whole thing is telling someone. At the time i was diagnosed there wasnt much of a forum community though, so this opportunity that you have helps a lot, since you can easily talk about it here (or at least i can :P)

If you can spend some money on some stupid stuff or something. I always find buying new stuff makes me feel awesome for a couple of days lol. Go to the beach and just chill and stare at girls, your on summer break so im sure the beach should be flooded with babes :P Just dont over do it
I absolutely LOVE the beach. It's more than half way through summer break and I haven't gone yet. I have no one to take me, my parents are working and I think we're going once next week.

Girls are a bonus ^_^
<-so horny lol

Quote:
Um, I was kidding? I know he's 13, geez.
Don't worry, I knew it from the start

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 View Post
Arriz had it right from the start. You sound like you're suffering with Insomnia as it does cause all the symptoms you described. You might want to see a doctor to find out what will work best for you.
I took a couple online quizzes and looks at a couple of disorders and I thought I had Insomnia but I'd never expect to have something big like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
Unfortunatly those also describe depression. Either way, seeing a doctor is the best thing for you. You don't need to tell your parents why you need to go, and the doc can't tell them either (unless you end up getting meds where they will find out). I waited over a year to see a doctor, and I'm suffering from it, big time. Don't make the same mistake I did, see one soon.
Maybe I will after summer break, it's nearly over. And I just hope my parents don't find out.

StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote