What to do?

i wouldnt bother with it.. count yourself lucky that your parents will pay insurance and buy a car for you.. theres alot of people who arent that lucky, i have to find $300 a month (for you guys over there) or £150 a month just for insurance, then theres petrol etc..

i would just leave that car, your dad does have a point (IMO)

I have to pay for insurance, and gas. But those internationals are good, and if you can restore that baby, it'd be worth a lot more than you bought it for. They are SWEET trucks, and becoming rare, so tell your dad, in the long run, once its got a fresh paint job, and the interior and exterior fixed up, another couple thousand for the future, that it will be worth a lot of money.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REST...ryZ84157QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
$17,500 for a restored one.

I dunno man, if you buy the scout, your dad might start making you pay for insurance and stuff with the attitude of "If you have enough money to buy something like that, then you have enough money to start paying me back."

What are your plans for the scout if you do end up buying it?

Looks like alot of time and money are going to be sunk into that Scout. Are you prepared to spend the money and time needed to bring that Scout into shape?

Yes, ArrizX can own a car before the age of 18. My cousin bought his first car at the age of 14. It was a 1955 Chevy that was nothing more than a rolling shell.

Those Scouts are cool trucks. There's a couple of nice ones rolling around these parts. All you can do is plead your case, and show him that you're serious about getting this truck and doing what's needed to fix her up. :D

Yes, ArrizX can own a car before the age of 18. My cousin bought his first car at the age of 14. It was a 1955 Chevy that was nothing more than a rolling shell.

might be different in california but i know i washington where we both live you have to be 18 to own a car. my brother wanted to buy one but my parents brought up the fact that you have to be 18 to be the sole owner of a car. you can be one of them, but your parents have to be one too.

i wouldnt bother with it.. count yourself lucky that your parents will pay insurance and buy a car for you.. theres alot of people who arent that lucky, i have to find $300 a month (for you guys over there) or £150 a month just for insurance, then theres petrol etc..

i would just leave that car, your dad does have a point (IMO)

Agreed.

Don't take this the wrong way but consider yourself lucky you even have a car. I'd stick with what you have now, if it runs fine I see no reason to get rid of it. My parents won't even buy me a car, I can drive theirs but I have to pay for my own car unless I get a scholarship to college. Insurance here is dirt cheap so that's not an issue. I still think you're pretty darn lucky to have a car, and even luckier to have had a second one and you're only what 16 or 17? I really don't see what's so great about that truck, I think you're better off staying with the car you have now since it's new and probably in much better shape.

i dont think any 17 year old needs 2 cars...would be pretty cool to do it up and make some money off it from selling it though...Go halves in the profit with your dad

i dont think any 17 year old needs 2 cars

My thoughts exactly. Even if I did want that Scout to restore it, I wouldn't if i was low on money. I have a job and am saving up money for a newer car and it won't even be as nice or new as your car... I just got an old clunker car right now that eats gas faster than I want it to. I have to pay for my gas and part of my insurance. I had to pay the full amount for my car, no loans from dad. I will pay the full amount for my next car as well.

It's not worth it really. Just listen to your dad on this one. Though parents sometimes don't make sense, they usually turn out right in the long run.

Plus, where you going to get the money any bit fast to restore that thing if you don't have that much money right now...? It's going to take a VERY long time to get any money to restore that since you still owe your dad $6,000 for your other car. Yes, it may be a once in a lifetime deal, but it's not worth it at this point in your life.

Back
Top Bottom