Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #31
Solid State Member

Default Re: what did you get?

I got to work both Christmas eve and Christmas day. Thats about it. I'm grateful thought because I really need the Overtime Money

Starguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #32
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63083 View Post
No way. What brand and model???? White's and Tesoro are the best in my opinion. But Minelab, Garrett, and Bounty Hunter aren't too bad either.
It's a Clarke. AFAIK, It's a UK only brand (I might be wrong, though!) The Model is MD1200. (https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/c...etal-detector/) It's not a professional one or anything - There would be no point in that if it turned out that I didn't like it!

I've never operated a metal detector before, and I think that the Manual assumes that you know a bit about it...

What does "VLF, TR1 and TR2 mean? Infact, what does the Discrimination Setting discriminate against? And what does the Tuning Dial actually tune? I'm pretty confused

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #33
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to wmorri

I got a 22" monitor, some winter gloves, and a couple of linux magazines which I needed. That was pretty much it for me. My Aunt and Uncle gave me a 1 year membership to AAA today which is wonderful.

I thought you were a hispanic/african american? Who is the white guy in the pictures?
wmorri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #34
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

20 inch monitor here.

I run at a resolution of 3040 by 900 now.

Btw... Said new monitor has a stuck pixel. Is there any way to fix it? It's only one thankfully, but it is a little annoying.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:20 PM   #35
Fully Optimized

http://www.jscreenfix.com/
Old 12-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #36
Golden Master

I got a LCD TV, new office chair and a load of gift cards and money. No complaints here!
LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #37
Daemon Poster

Quote:
HA!! I'm so close to getting a new better computer than you now.
Heck, I don't care anymore
Atleast I can play SOASE on maximum settings with no lag what-so-ever!
On my old computer, if I did that, I would smell smoke and then my computer would shut down and wouldn't be able to load the OS for the next 5 days.

My point? New HP > Old HP

Good enough
Old 12-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #38
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
It's a Clarke. AFAIK, It's a UK only brand (I might be wrong, though!) The Model is MD1200. (https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/product/c...etal-detector/) It's not a professional one or anything - There would be no point in that if it turned out that I didn't like it!

I've never operated a metal detector before, and I think that the Manual assumes that you know a bit about it...

What does "VLF, TR1 and TR2 mean? Infact, what does the Discrimination Setting discriminate against? And what does the Tuning Dial actually tune? I'm pretty confused
Ugh. Those detectors barely work. But they are what got me hooked in the first place so I guess it's cool.

Anyway, A few terms. VLF stands for very low frequency. These kinds of detectors are only good for find coins and some larger rings. Although it should find silver rings quite easily. And it sould hunt out some old silver pieces too. TR1 and TR2 stands for Transmit-Receive which is an all-metal mode of operation which means it will pick up almost everything if I remember correctly. And discrimination what the detector will knock out of detection. It starts at iron and as turn the dial more, the more stuff that you don't want will be rejected. It reject anything up to the size of a standard US zinc penny. It will never discriminate out larger pieces of silver or copper because those are often pieces of metal that you do want to find. Usually setting the discrimination knob from "10"-"noon" should work well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalOverlord76 View Post
Heck, I don't care anymore
Atleast I can play SOASE on maximum settings with no lag what-so-ever!
On my old computer, if I did that, I would smell smoke and then my computer would shut down and wouldn't be able to load the OS for the next 5 days.

My point? New HP > Old HP

Good enough
well god for you then. You should register your game with impulse and create an impulse account so you can play online.
XPEX Vortex 3620 Mid Tower, Rosewill 450 Watt PSU, MSI P6N SLI Platinum 650i, Intel Celeron D 356, 2GB G.SKILL DDR2 800, Western Digital 40GB, (2) EVGA 7950GT 256MB Video Cards in SLI, HP DVD Multi-Burner, Windows XP.
63083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:31 PM   #39
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to tom-knox

I got the Acer Aspire laptop 5739G, listed in my sig, tho i split the cost with my mum for it, so her gift to me was her part of the payments. Then about 50 quid in cash, Forza 3, some DVDs and CDs and a couple toiletry sets, but i have a big family and it's quite traditional to spend really big amongst us lot.

New player: iPhone 4 32gb
tom-knox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #40
Daemon Poster

Quote:

well god for you then. You should register your game with impulse and create an impulse account so you can play online.
Ignoring your obvious spelling, I would but I can't... Just made a new thread about it...