Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default What was the Crysis Release date?

Did they end up changing it? I called down to Walmart today to see if they got it in. They said they have had the game for like a week now. So I go down and the sign said released on the 15th. What were they doing pre loads or something. I picked it up although I won't get to play very much since i'm off to work in a hour

That kinda pisses me off since I had yesterday off and the game was released! Grrr........

Also whats the difference between the normal and collectors edition besides the extra $10 and the little cardboard sleave over the box.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Daemon Poster

Default Re: What was the Crysis Release date?

November 13

Gamespot

Szat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

I thought it was today.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:44 PM   #4
Site Team

So anyone got it yet? I played the demo and thought it was great!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:03 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to 88

i didnt pick it up yet, i have so much to do and if I were to buy it that would be like 10 crucial hours gone that I need to get a term paper finished!

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:42 PM   #6
Golden Master

Haha, I thought I would hear a lot about it since it everyone talked about it BEFORE it came out, now that it's out, its old news, lol. I want to get it, but will have to wait a lil while.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:35 PM   #7
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

I have it

It runs slightly smoother than the demo somehow, and at 1680x1050 with 0x AA of course, I'm getting around 18-25fps on High Settings.

I'm trying to tinker with the XP hack to get the best fps vs image quality at the moment though, and I think I almost have it, but getting around 14fps at its lowest with the tweaks I've done so far, so may just stick to playing High.

There are a few subtle differences actually that make all the difference with some tweaks, though others don't make much difference at all.

Its a great game though

DIFFERENCES:

I got the Collectors Edition but to tell the truth, there really isn't much difference.

You do get a nice metal box though, but the other features are a bit weak.

For one, the concept art book isn't really mesmirising, and the extra DVD you get is only reletively short with screenshots, storyboards, and a making of (Lasts 16 minutes), but its okay I guess... Then theres this other video which is explained in the making of, which is a renderered video that they got a company to make at the start of production (kind of like KillZone 2) to get them to reach that level. They said they surpassed it. It does look like they did too.

I guess the sound track CD is nice to have also, but from what I've heard of the game so far, no music really stands out, that you'd listen to outside of the game.
I don't want to listen to the CD until I've completed the game.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:06 PM   #8
Golden Master

I want to get it, but my mom and M games might be a problem, but I might have her convinced, as the Demo says 16+ before it says M, and I said thats cause you can turn the blood off. Plus my graphics card is under repairs, but that shouldnt take a whole lot longer as its been at the RMA dept. since monday. I cant wait to see what I get back. Maybe a 7900gs like I sent in, but I think asus stopped making the 7 series, so maybe an 8600GTS or maybe an 8800GT.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:20 AM   #9
In Runtime

They'll send you a 7900GS.
TheLastWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:43 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
I have it

It runs slightly smoother than the demo somehow, and at 1680x1050 with 0x AA of course, I'm getting around 18-25fps on High Settings.

I'm trying to tinker with the XP hack to get the best fps vs image quality at the moment though, and I think I almost have it, but getting around 14fps at its lowest with the tweaks I've done so far, so may just stick to playing High.

There are a few subtle differences actually that make all the difference with some tweaks, though others don't make much difference at all.

Its a great game though

DIFFERENCES:

I got the Collectors Edition but to tell the truth, there really isn't much difference.

You do get a nice metal box though, but the other features are a bit weak.

For one, the concept art book isn't really mesmirising, and the extra DVD you get is only reletively short with screenshots, storyboards, and a making of (Lasts 16 minutes), but its okay I guess... Then theres this other video which is explained in the making of, which is a renderered video that they got a company to make at the start of production (kind of like KillZone 2) to get them to reach that level. They said they surpassed it. It does look like they did too.

I guess the sound track CD is nice to have also, but from what I've heard of the game so far, no music really stands out, that you'd listen to outside of the game.
I don't want to listen to the CD until I've completed the game.
Thanks for the difference list there. I was hoping it didn't have any in game exclusive levels or something. Then I would have been upset.

Funny stuff I bought it on the 16th and have logged about 30mins play time. I'll get into deep tuesday when I get off work. Sucks I want to play but after working 12 hours I don't ever feel like it.

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote