What CF got me

Be careful with that intercooler. A lot of 360s were ruined by the 360 version from what I hear.

Well, 2 of my friends were going to buy the intercooler, then read some reviews, and it was somehow frying the power supplies in 360s. And there is not warrenty if it causes a problem like that...

A review of the intercooler on amazon:

I couldn't live with the extra noise and the inconvenience of having to get up and manually turn the PS3 off in order to turn the fans off. So, I took mine off and it is now sitting in the closet, unused.

Wow, is it really that much of an effort to turn a PS3 off or is it just that person whos incredibly lazy :rolleyes:

Wow, is it really that much of an effort to turn a PS3 off or is it just that person whos incredibly lazy :rolleyes:

Thats what I mean. I hate when a product gets less than stellar reviews because people complain about stupid things like that. They buy something extra then complain because they have to shut it off. That or because it makes noise when they new what they bought had fans in it which are going to make noise.

This is the review I read which it got a 8.3 A fair review from people that are not complaining about getting off there ass to turn it off which I do anyways. So the fact its in the front now is better for me. Also to Superman22x I happened to find this on the failures you were talking about.

The 360 version obtained it's power after it had been converted to DC through the external 360 power brick. In the case of the PS3, the power supply is inside the system, so the cooling solution only feeds off the AC from your wall outlet, and passes through energy to the PS3 internal power supply. This is the same as if it was plugged into a power strip that your PS3 was also plugged into. So, there is no way it will cause undue stress to the internal PS3 power supply.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/787/787314p1.html

Back
Top Bottom