what bugs me

-Paul-

Fully Optimized
when people join and ask one question and then leave, or they hang around for a week and then just leave... it is not giving back to the community, i dont think we should implement something that you have to post like 20 times before you can start a thread, but when you look thru the members list like 90% of them have one post... does anybody agree?

Well, I think this should be in the suggestions part.

Secondly. No. This is a forum to help people. People come and go, its not like we can make them contribute. And even so, if it says you have X number posts to go before you can make a thread, they will just spam. We have our regulars here. Me being on of them. I've even seen people make a ''hi im new here thread''. Leave it at one post and leave. And also if you do that, they could also just go to another forum. Although it makes it alot harder for spammers. So it has its ups and downs. Lets see what everyone else says :D

ArrizX_MuziK said:

Secondly. No. This is a forum to help people. People come and go, its not like we can make them contribute. And even so, if it says you have X number posts to go before you can make a thread, they will just spam. We have our regulars here. Me being on of them. I've even seen people make a ''hi im new here thread''. Leave it at one post and leave. And also if you do that, they could also just go to another forum. Although it makes it alot harder for spammers. So it has its ups and downs. Lets see what everyone else says :D

yeah, I agree.

yeah we cant force them to stay and post...i know there are tons of people one thread and then we never hear from them again..

To which. Lol, I was for and against.

Another idea is maybe two posts or something? Just so a spammer has trouble making his threads. Like you cant make a thread, with out first posting two posts, after the last thread. Get what im saying?

yeah but i think it should be more then 2 post...maybe 5-10? but good idea...

But if someone is really anxious for a quesion to be answered, they should be held back by posts. I actually say leave it like it is, and if there is spam, a mod will come clean it up. Although spam attacks, dont happen often. So I think were fine like this. Although i know you thought of this with good intention. :)

recon 16 said:
when people join and ask one question and then leave, or they hang around for a week and then just leave... it is not giving back to the community, i dont think we should implement something that you have to post like 20 times before you can start a thread, but when you look thru the members list like 90% of them have one post... does anybody agree?

I kinda have to agree with recon on this one. I think we need to impliment that because it will teach people to give and recieve from the community. If this place is supposed to be "professional" then we should make it a little realistic. The reason we have spammers is because they can make threads right away.

My reasons for agreeing are as follows:

A. It would stop thread spammers.
B. It would get people a bit used to the community and 70 percent of the time they will learn the answer to their question before they even ask it because 90 percent of the time it's the same question as the last guy.
C. It would develop a sese of a community.
D. We would be more well known if everyone stayed here for a while before leaving.
E. It would create less clutter.

The cons.

A. Less people would be intrested in not being able to ask their question and leave.

Overall. I'm about 65 percent for this rule and the rest against it.

In the end: It doesn't really matter because nothing is going to happen about it.

P.S Recon I'm not trying to be mean but you should really calm down with all these threads. Sometimes I wonder if you have a bot spammer or something.

ArrizX_MuziK said:

yeah your right...

Back
Top Bottom