Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #21
xxcobraxx

Default Re: What was the best era for music?

3000 century is good, should hear it, its great

Old 04-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #22
Fully Optimized

I love music from the 80's..

Bahawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #23
Fully Optimized

i've really been lisenin to my dad's old cd's and albums and really enjoy eric clapton, cream, joe walsh, journey, phil collins, the beatles, the monkees, and a lot of other guys too, probably the only good music i think in the 90's was Rage against the machine, and now, i like sean paul and AFI
Old 04-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #24
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Paradox Send a message via MSN to Paradox Send a message via Yahoo to Paradox

I don't really know time periods, And It's hard to say because there have been so many great advancements. Not just with one genre, but with all of them and how they intertwined themselves with each other.

I listen to everything, Even though I listen to rock alot more than anything else I still have to say back when everything was setting root. Without our roots we wouldn't have what we have today. If you get a true understanding of music then you really appreciate those styles, not just the ones that we have come acustomed to.

Xbox Live: Error Lord
Personal Email: HunterMRose[at]gmail.com
Aim: Error Lord
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 01:27 AM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer
It's a hard question. From the metal side of things it is, anyway. Most decades, particularly the '80s, '90s and '00s have seen their own mainstream annoying trend. '80s had awful hair metal, yet that decade was the decade of the major Thrash metal movement, bringing in bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica etc. The '90s had the moving in of Grunge and Nu-Metal (or Rap metal, to some) yet was the decade of excellent bands like Pantera (CFH and afterwards), Carcass, Machine Head and Down.

So far though the '00s have been the absolute worst, particularly with the moving in of post hardcore, generic emo and the current metalcore thing. It all sounds so samey, and to be perfectly honest I haven't seen too many new, good bands that started in this decade that won't be forgotten within the next few years and will die out.

The '90s win it for me though, generally Grunge and Nu-Metal was somewhat likable. Plus bands like Pantera are, despite now being non-existant, still one of the biggest bands ever, along with Carcass.

I totally agree. I have yet to really find anything golden in the 00s yet. it's 2006 now, and I fear nothing spectacular will be out before we reach 2010.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 09:16 AM   #26
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

I like the new stuff....so I voted present. Although I am a big fan of old school rap from the late 80's and 90's and also rock from that era as well. But for me it's hard to beat the new stuff, I like to listen to new music.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 03:00 PM   #27
Golden Master

I do like listening to a variety of music, but lately, the new rap and R&B's just don't sound that good anymore. Warren G f/ Nate Dogg "Regulators" was the last good rap I heard. I also like that Puff Daddy one (remix) that commemorate B.I.G. The new songs now, just don't appeal to me too much. However the girlies songs are starting to get my interest. Natasha Bedingfield and that new Shakira song are pretty good. "Unwritten" and "Hips Don't Lie" respectfully have nice rythm wth the Shakira video being the best. OMG, can her hips move. Her new look makes her look like a schoolgirl. Mmmm....