What was the best era for music?

TRDCorolla said:
1980's. Madonna, Billy Joel, Billy Idol, Bon Jovi, hell even some of Michael Jackson's songs are good.

Nice trd, whats your favorite madonna song?
Mine are boarderline, and like a prayer.

Well, the classics include pretty much everything that is in her Immaculate Album. I like every one of her older songs including her songs from the 90's. Rain is my favorite there. So peaceful and full of meaning. I had to read the lyrics to find out. I also like Like a Prayer too. Material Girl sounds good. I don't like her Ray of Light album and her newest song out now. I think she's losing it.

It's gotta be the 70's. And not just for it's amazing rock n' roll, just everything! Those were bitchin times to live. I wish I could have grown up in the 70's (of course before I ever realize that I wouldn't have my computer lol).

It's a hard question. From the metal side of things it is, anyway. Most decades, particularly the '80s, '90s and '00s have seen their own mainstream annoying trend. '80s had awful hair metal, yet that decade was the decade of the major Thrash metal movement, bringing in bands like Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica etc. The '90s had the moving in of Grunge and Nu-Metal (or Rap metal, to some) yet was the decade of excellent bands like Pantera (CFH and afterwards), Carcass, Machine Head and Down.

So far though the '00s have been the absolute worst, particularly with the moving in of post hardcore, generic emo and the current metalcore thing. It all sounds so samey, and to be perfectly honest I haven't seen too many new, good bands that started in this decade that won't be forgotten within the next few years and will die out.

The '90s win it for me though, generally Grunge and Nu-Metal was somewhat likable. Plus bands like Pantera are, despite now being non-existant, still one of the biggest bands ever, along with Carcass.

It's a damned hard question, really.

In the 60's, you had: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Cream, Bob Dylan, CCR, The Kinks, The Small Faces, Hendrix, The Who, Jefferson Airplane etc.

In the 70's, you had: Joy Division, Queen, Bay City Rollers, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Supertramp, 10CC, Status Quo, Jethro Tull, The Sweet, Nick Drake, Electric Light Orchestra, Black Sabbath, and some of the old bands from the 60's kind of evolved into being "70s" as well.

In the 80's, you had: Michael Jackson, The Jam, Ultravox, New Order, Spandau Ballet, Echo and the Bunnymen, Toto, and plenty more, as well as the usual phenomenon of older bands catching up with the times.

The 90's was a bit sucky, same as now.

It all depends on what sort of music you like - I've listed some of my own favourites.

Back
Top Bottom