What is the best brand of computer to get

Lenovo have always had a good reputation for bang-for-your-buckity, but often you lose aesthetics for that saving, however HP do make some very sexy laptops.

Lenovo is not known for their prices. They're known for their Thinkpad line, which is strictly made for reliability and durability. Lenovo Thinkpads are purely function over form. They're not built to look pleasing to the eye, and they are absolutely not built to budget specifications.

didnt newegg start lenovo? doesnt this mean instnat awesomeness?

No.

Lenovo is not known for their prices. They're known for their Thinkpad line, which is strictly made for reliability and durability. Lenovo Thinkpads are purely function over form. They're not built to look pleasing to the eye, and they are absolutely not built to budget specifications.

No.

I agree with every word in your post :)

True that Lenovo are more famous for the Thinkpad (inherited fro IBM) but they have recently been known as a good value operator as well. All i was saying.

basically all depends on what you need it for and what you think is most important in a laptop because as has been mentioned here there are the likes of hp asus and acer who makes laptops that have some factor of looks in their design but then there is the likes of lenovo who make laptops that are simply made to work and last

IMO you cant go wrong by buying a dell,acer,asus,HP(compaq),fujitsu simens or samsung
cant comment on lenovo as i have not had any dealings with them personally so just look at reviews for them
im mixed on sony because i have heard mixed reviews about their notebooks , i have heard some saying they are not good value for money as they are expensive yet poorley built for the money but i have also read good reviews but after playing with a few i would say they dont feel like they are worth the money you pay for them
i certainly have heard and seen many bad things about toshiba notebooks and think they are certainly going down in the laptop market

Here is my own personal list, listed from least liked to most liked.

7. Dell
6. Sony
5. Toshiba
4. HP
3. Acer
2. Apple <THE SECOND BEST!>
1. Gateway <THE BEST!>

Back
Top Bottom