Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: England
Posts: 6,224
Default What is this

I never really bought this up but when your browsing the internet and you scrolling down a page and you click something and you go to the link and if you press back it goes back to where you scrolled to, what is this coding? I mean how does it do this? I noticed not all sites do it.

IAntDemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Site Team
David Lindon's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: What is this

<A name="top">image or top of page whatever</a>

-- this is where you set the anchor. This is the point the browser will scroll to.

<A href="#top">Top of page</a>

-- this is the link. Technically its a link so when you click back in a browser it will go back to the position you were previous.
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0