We're all going to die!!!

Global warming is here. Look at all the bizzar weather patterns. In Europe, it was hot one week, then bam, it got freezing cold. I got someone from the UK here and that's what she says. This was weeks ago.

Here, we have extreme hot temperatures and boom, it snows. Here's another story about strange weather for this time of year...

5 killed as Plains get snow, storm thunders across South
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/13/spring.storm.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- A severe weather system blamed for five deaths plowed eastward out of the Plains on Saturday, leaving snow piled more than a foot deep and rattling the Gulf states with violent thunderstorms.

The Northeast prepared for possible coastal flooding.

The storm blew across the Plains on Friday, leaving snow in Kansas and raking Texas with high wind.

"I felt my house start shaking like the wind and I ran in here and grabbed my little girl," Amanda Rymer, 21, said in Haltom City, Texas. "As soon as I moved her, the roof fell in right where she was standing." (Watch ominous clouds gather over Texas )

The storm tore roofs off houses in Rymer's neighbor and destroyed porches and garages. About a dozen tractor-trailer rigs were blown onto their sides.

One man was killed in Fort Worth by a pile of lumber that fell on him from his truck during the storm, and a police officer in Irving died when his patrol car slid on wet pavement and struck a utility pole, authorities said.

Three people were killed in Kansas in traffic accidents on highways covered with ice and slush, police said Saturday.

By Saturday afternoon, the system was spreading rain from Louisiana to Virginia and across much of the Ohio Valley. Lines of strong thunderstorms rolled across Louisiana and Mississippi into northern Alabama, and the National Weather Service posted tornado warnings for wide areas of Mississippi and some parts of Alabama.

The weather system was forecast to strengthen when it reaches the East Coast on Sunday and form a nor'easter, a storm that follows the coast northward, with northeasterly wind driving waves and heavy rain.

"This is very odd for this time of year," National Weather Service meteorologist John Koch said Saturday in New York. "This is something that you would expect to see more in the middle of winter."

A flood watch was posted for the New York City region, as the weather service forecast 2 to 4 inches of rain Sunday with wind gusting to 50 mph. Snow and sleet were possible inland, Koch said.

The combination of rain, onshore wind and the approach of one of this spring's highest tides Tuesday could add up to significant coastal surges, Koch said.

The New York National Guard alerted units that might be needed for emergency work, and Long Island's Suffolk County told emergency workers to be ready for possible duty.

"There is potential for a very bad storm," said Joseph Williams, Suffolk County's commissioner of fire, rescue and emergency services.

Farther north, the forecast called for up to 20 inches of snow at higher elevations in the Adirondacks and 12 to 18 inches east of Lake Ontario.

New Jersey was ready for whatever may fall -- snow or rain. About 250 trucks were ready to plow and spread salt on state highways if needed. The northwest corner of the state was expecting snow, while the rest of the state was bracing for possible flooding.

"We're ready for everything, which, based upon the forecast, is pretty much what we could get," said Joe Orlando, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation and the New Jersey Turnpike Authority.

Snow stopped falling by Saturday afternoon in eastern Kansas, where some schools and businesses closed Friday as blowing snow created whiteout conditions. Up to 15 inches of snow fell in southwestern Kansas.

On Friday night, NASCAR Nextel Cup qualifying races at Texas Motor Speedway were halted, and thousands of fans were advised to move to safety as tornado sirens blared at the speedway in Fort Worth.

A tornado was spotted near Bedford, a suburb between Dallas and Forth Worth, though no damage was reported, the National Weather Service said.

Wierd or what??!?! We have reported 50 feet tidal waves here along the beach!!!! It was shut down, lol. Man, we're all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you Nostradamas ;) lol

it was damn hot today i must admit. i was "sweatin like a beaver" in the words of devvo (google him). why they dont do something about global warming i dont know :(

just chill out guys, omg, the earth is crazy, its all natural, it would happen with or without us.. and its april, crazy shit happens in april

you can say that again. there have been warmings and coolings before humans. its all natural, we can't stop it. we can only delay it.

http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/G/great_global_warming_swindle/index.html

The Programme

The film brings together the arguments of leading scientists who disagree with the prevailing consensus that carbon dioxide released by human industrial activity is the cause of rising global temperatures today.

That Earth's climate is changing and always has done is not disputed by anyone. That it is warming now is also not disputed by anyone. But some people think that the warming is our fault, whilst others believe we have nothing to do with it.

The film argues that rises in atmospheric carbon dioxide have nothing to do with climate change. Further, the present single-minded focus on reducing carbon emissions may have the unintended consequence of stifling development in the third world, prolonging endemic poverty and disease.

Recent research, presented in this film, apparently shows that the effect of cosmic radiation, and solar activity may explain fluctuations in global temperatures more precisely than the carbon dioxide theory.

The Programme

An alternative explanation for rising global temperatures is based on research by the Danish Space Center. They found that as solar activity increases, cloud formation on Earth is significantly diminished and temperature rises.

‘Solar activity over the last hundred years, over the last several hundred years, correlates very nicely, on a decadal basis, with temperature.'

A respected Kenyan development expert says: ‘I don't see how a solar panel is going to power a steel industry, how a solar panel is going to power a railway network… There is somebody keen to kill the African dream, and the African dream is to develop. We are being told don't touch your resources, don't touch your oil, don't touch your coal; that is suicide.'

The film features an impressive roll-call of experts, in climatology, oceanography, meteorology, environmental science, biogeography and paleoclimatology, from such reputable institutions as MIT, Nasa, the International Arctic Research Centre, the Institut Pasteur, the Danish National Space Center and the Universities of London, Ottawa, Jerusalem, Winnipeg, Alabama and Virginia.

i watched that program, it just confirmed what i thought before.. the whole 'global warming' thing is just BS, made up to support massive tax hikes.. which is exactly whats happening..

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of heat in the uk in Aprill, id sooner be living the life of sunny skys than freezing my balls of in wind and rain. may it continue!!!

It's cold when it should be hot, then hot when it should be cold--lol. My dad lives in Utah for the past 15 years and it hasn't been near the snow level they're use to getting. Some years, no snow at all!!!!

i still dont get how snow can mean global WARMING.

20 years ago the scientists were all saying we are going into an ice age. now its got a lil warmer they are all saying its global warming.

i dont buy into this global warming crap at all, IMO, its just used by the governments to whack great big taxes onto us... which the bastards are doing....
yeah and then the stupid bastard david cameron is taking a plane all they way around the world pumping out loads of carbon dioxide , so he can go to a meating and tell people from the devloping industrial nations they are only allowed to produce thus ammount of co2 , yet the fucking imbisle just burnt more than his fair share of co2 on a plane flying all around the world stupid hypocrite , if he gets into power only the upper classes are going to be able to afford to fly and he will damage the economy just as much as old Maggie did

"The Day After Tomorrow" movie is starting like right now on FX for those that have cable. 5PM PST.

Man that was a good move, wasn't it? Global Warming, whew.......

Here in Alabama it's been weird latley....this past week has been a little above normal (low to mid 80s) but these past 2 days have been really cold for this time of year (highs in the 40s, thats usually our lows this time a year lol)

but our weather has always been weird...

Back
Top Bottom