We're all going to die!!!

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Global warming is here. Look at all the bizzar weather patterns. In Europe, it was hot one week, then bam, it got freezing cold. I got someone from the UK here and that's what she says. This was weeks ago.

Here, we have extreme hot temperatures and boom, it snows. Here's another story about strange weather for this time of year...

5 killed as Plains get snow, storm thunders across South
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/13/spring.storm.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- A severe weather system blamed for five deaths plowed eastward out of the Plains on Saturday, leaving snow piled more than a foot deep and rattling the Gulf states with violent thunderstorms.

The Northeast prepared for possible coastal flooding.

The storm blew across the Plains on Friday, leaving snow in Kansas and raking Texas with high wind.

"I felt my house start shaking like the wind and I ran in here and grabbed my little girl," Amanda Rymer, 21, said in Haltom City, Texas. "As soon as I moved her, the roof fell in right where she was standing." (Watch ominous clouds gather over Texas )

The storm tore roofs off houses in Rymer's neighbor and destroyed porches and garages. About a dozen tractor-trailer rigs were blown onto their sides.

One man was killed in Fort Worth by a pile of lumber that fell on him from his truck during the storm, and a police officer in Irving died when his patrol car slid on wet pavement and struck a utility pole, authorities said.

Three people were killed in Kansas in traffic accidents on highways covered with ice and slush, police said Saturday.

By Saturday afternoon, the system was spreading rain from Louisiana to Virginia and across much of the Ohio Valley. Lines of strong thunderstorms rolled across Louisiana and Mississippi into northern Alabama, and the National Weather Service posted tornado warnings for wide areas of Mississippi and some parts of Alabama.

The weather system was forecast to strengthen when it reaches the East Coast on Sunday and form a nor'easter, a storm that follows the coast northward, with northeasterly wind driving waves and heavy rain.

"This is very odd for this time of year," National Weather Service meteorologist John Koch said Saturday in New York. "This is something that you would expect to see more in the middle of winter."

A flood watch was posted for the New York City region, as the weather service forecast 2 to 4 inches of rain Sunday with wind gusting to 50 mph. Snow and sleet were possible inland, Koch said.

The combination of rain, onshore wind and the approach of one of this spring's highest tides Tuesday could add up to significant coastal surges, Koch said.

The New York National Guard alerted units that might be needed for emergency work, and Long Island's Suffolk County told emergency workers to be ready for possible duty.

"There is potential for a very bad storm," said Joseph Williams, Suffolk County's commissioner of fire, rescue and emergency services.

Farther north, the forecast called for up to 20 inches of snow at higher elevations in the Adirondacks and 12 to 18 inches east of Lake Ontario.

New Jersey was ready for whatever may fall -- snow or rain. About 250 trucks were ready to plow and spread salt on state highways if needed. The northwest corner of the state was expecting snow, while the rest of the state was bracing for possible flooding.

"We're ready for everything, which, based upon the forecast, is pretty much what we could get," said Joe Orlando, a spokesman for the state Department of Transportation and the New Jersey Turnpike Authority.

Snow stopped falling by Saturday afternoon in eastern Kansas, where some schools and businesses closed Friday as blowing snow created whiteout conditions. Up to 15 inches of snow fell in southwestern Kansas.

On Friday night, NASCAR Nextel Cup qualifying races at Texas Motor Speedway were halted, and thousands of fans were advised to move to safety as tornado sirens blared at the speedway in Fort Worth.

A tornado was spotted near Bedford, a suburb between Dallas and Forth Worth, though no damage was reported, the National Weather Service said.

Wierd or what??!?! We have reported 50 feet tidal waves here along the beach!!!! It was shut down, lol. Man, we're all going to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!
Yeah here is April duh! and its like snowing and stuff omg this is crazy and it scares me i'm not going to lie

Plus, it's all over the news. We have newspaper articles that talk about global warming, magazines, and nightly news talking about this phenomenon. It's a sign sure enough. Can you believe 47-50 feet waves coming in?!?! That is almost unheard of. Shutting down the beach because of that? That's just nuts. It actually snowed here in the city. I'm talkng about a city here in southern california that isn't known to recieve snow. It gave us quite a surprise.

Ahh..oh my good...bring it on.

But in all seriousness, those “global warming doesn't exist” should take a look at the weather we're having. If that isn't enough proof, I don't know what will.

Al Gore….where's the sequel?

i still dont get how snow can mean global WARMING.

20 years ago the scientists were all saying we are going into an ice age. now its got a lil warmer they are all saying its global warming.

i dont buy into this global warming crap at all, IMO, its just used by the governments to whack great big taxes onto us... which the bastards are doing....

Although this has been brought up before, and it still goes both way's more most, I do have to say that wether you believe it or not...There are changes going on with the weather. Just go to CNN and click on the weather.

As many will deny the fact that the weather each year will probably worsen, The change for the better is now. concidering the way America burns fossil fuels and if America is going to make a difference, it's going to have to step up to the plate..and be an example to other nations that we need to do something now.

And no i'm not pressured into saying these things because of what Al gore is saying, but i'm not blind either to the fact that change has to happen.

I live in Mississipi and froze my but off last week, to the point where I had to wear a coat and bring a mini heater in my place of work.

Back
Top Bottom