Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-02-2005, 10:57 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Wellfare

OK I was thinking the american wellfare system is wrong. Why you ask? Well simply because its meant to help people. If you came up to me and said hey nik I give you 600 bucks a month or however much they get and you sit on your fat ass for the rest of your life would I work? I think not. I'd relax. Now I think we should put a 3 year long life span for it. When you hit hard times. You apply for welfare and if your accepted you get the check. HOWEVER there is interset on that check. Lets say .02. Now you get a job 6 months later and you got 600 bucks so thats 3,600 the gov gave you. Now you add the .02 interset rate on it which is. Now the govw ill give you 4 times longer then what you used it for. So 6 motnhs you got 24 months to pay your fees back. Which is 150 bucks a month that you pay back to the gov. And in the end welfare will be self supportive.

Old 07-03-2005, 12:47 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Wellfare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik00117
OK I was thinking the american wellfare system is wrong. Why you ask? Well simply because its meant to help people. If you came up to me and said hey nik I give you 600 bucks a month or however much they get and you sit on your fat ass for the rest of your life would I work? I think not. I'd relax. Now I think we should put a 3 year long life span for it. When you hit hard times. You apply for welfare and if your accepted you get the check. HOWEVER there is interset on that check. Lets say .02. Now you get a job 6 months later and you got 600 bucks so thats 3,600 the gov gave you. Now you add the .02 interset rate on it which is. Now the govw ill give you 4 times longer then what you used it for. So 6 motnhs you got 24 months to pay your fees back. Which is 150 bucks a month that you pay back to the gov. And in the end welfare will be self supportive.
Nik00117,
If it was only that simple!
The problem is that there are just too many different variables that govern the program and you can't just insert a blanket ruling like that. Some geographical areas are just devasted because of economical depression, some are lacking because of poor educational programs, some are out of line because of so called "single occupational areas" and the story goes on and on.
There are a few states that have no welfare programs (per sey). These states require that they recipients work for the program and all or lose the help. To me this is the best policy but our industrious leaders in washington refuse to believe it. But then what do any of the hard working tax paying citizens know...except to work and hand over our money to thoise that get it for free...Must be nice

lurkswithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo

A great majority of the welfare system involves keynesism policies that were put in place during the Great Depression. I think these policies should be revoked, and the system should be restructured. I do not think those who work hard for their money should give it towards the unproductive, unless the person at question is truly disabled.
Giancarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:12 AM   #4
Wizard of Wires

Default Yeah!!!

I agree with Gian. The whole mess is basicly because it's out of sync with modern times. Too many sharp freeloaders have found loop holes in the system and like a hacker exploit them.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 01:18 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

It's the same here in Oz to many freeloaders, although they cracked down on the dole bludgers. A lot of people are trying to get on disability pensions with a crook back and such. As much as I don't like the Oz federal govt. this one of the only thing I support that they have come up with.

Edit: to get a disability pension, here you have to get a certain amount of points, I think it's 20 to be elligible.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:54 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

YEa I mean I heard a drug habit counts as a disablitly. Hate to say it but you injecting does not and should not qualify you to get welfare. And frankly I believe anyone in a 3 year period can find a job.