Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #31
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Default Re: Well we had a good run huh?

I got well scared just now....

Its 2 in the morning, and you know those old war sirens they had? The one that goes low pitched to a mid pitch, stays like that for a few seconds, and then goes low again, and repeats? I've always wondered if they'd still have technology in place to allow that sound for people to prepare.

Well, I just heard that sound coming from far away outside. The wind must have just picked it up, and sent it over this way. Because, it suddenly became hearable, starting from a low pitch, and going up.

Its still playing the mid sound though, and hasn't dropped again, so unless the speakers broken, I'm guessing its just traffic noise...

Scared me though, for sure...

Old 06-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #32
Daemon Poster

Like an Air raid siren? Things are creepy indeed if thats what your referring to.

AmericanSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #33
Golden Master

Yeah, one of those.

The sound I can hear now though is a higher pitch than that, but it started off like it starts. Low pitched, and then it rose up. But I guess it was the same kind of effect you get if an ambulance drives past, and the pitch shifts.

But Oh My God, that freaked me out.

Its a sound to end all other sounds isn't it
Old 06-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #34
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05

u guys have nothing to worry about seriously lol, you guys actually think America would allow something like that to happen ? we have satelites and boats everywhere that can detect even a regular rocket/missle.
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #35
Golden Master

The sound has gone now. It actually dropped in pitch *probably the wind changing direction* and vanished
Old 06-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #36
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
Well, I just heard that sound coming from far away outside. The wind must have just picked it up, and sent it over this way. Because, it suddenly became hearable, starting from a low pitch, and going up.

Its still playing the mid sound though, and hasn't dropped again, so unless the speakers broken, I'm guessing its just traffic noise...
That could well be a tornado siren.

---

Any country with any little amount of nuclear warhead should be considered a threat at ALL times. Don't underestimate people, as you will be surprised. It is crucial that the US and allies prevent any sort of retaliation that has the means of escalating the situation.

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein

I know not with which weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #37
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to root_assassin

AR is right obama wont launch a missle towards his "friends" in china and russia and isrial, ect. He would call on them to help fight with the U.S. against N.Korea
root_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #38
Golden Master

Considering we don't get tornadoes in the UK, or at least not strong ones (I believe we do get them, but they simply vanish, and don't amount to much), we'd have no need for a siren

Nothings going to happen anyway I'm sure. I don't think the U.S is taking the threats very seriously, but I may be wrong.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #39
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
Considering we don't get tornadoes in the UK, or at least not strong ones (I believe we do get them, but they simply vanish, and don't amount to much), we'd have no need for a siren

Nothings going to happen anyway I'm sure. I don't think the U.S is taking the threats very seriously, but I may be wrong.
Humm...I guess I got you confused with Cele for some unknown reason. I was thinking you lived in Wisconsin or something. (They do have tornadoes there no?)
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #40
Fully Optimized

haha. The irony here is that "kage" is actually on the outside looking in at this situation. The UK is an ally but I doubt they will want to be involved, and I don't blame them.