Well, I have 614 rep, but no seventh bar..

Considering you had 6 bars before you probably had some unlucky fate (666!) now you can't get past 6. You are the chosen one! You will remain at 6 bars for ever AHH lol.

Just a thought, and not strictly on topic, but has anyone else noticed that people posting about their rep, and how much they have got, then becomes a self perpetuating prophecy.....

What I mean by this, is you post that you have 4 bars, or whatever, then people give rep for getting 4 bars.....surely this neglects the purpose of rep, as in my opinion rep should be given for quality, helpful or useful posts not just for getting rep.

Therefore you maybe a useful member of the forum, but you then just get rep for having rep.....strikes me as slightly ludicrous

Just a thought, and not strictly on topic, but has anyone else noticed that people posting about their rep, and how much they have got, then becomes a self perpetuating prophecy.....

What I mean by this, is you post that you have 4 bars, or whatever, then people give rep for getting 4 bars.....surely this neglects the purpose of rep, as in my opinion rep should be given for quality, helpful or useful posts not just for getting rep.

Therefore you maybe a useful member of the forum, but you then just get rep for having rep.....strikes me as slightly ludicrous
Yep, I fully agree, I sometimes mention it though, when I post that I've reached the next thousand posts & someone says, "yeah, but you've only got [insert amount] of green squares"

A cool idea would be, if you had over 6 bars, an arrow replaced the 7th, and when you moused-over it, it would extend to show the true count :)

Yep, I fully agree, I sometimes mention it though, when I post that I've reached the next thousand posts & someone says, "yeah, but you've only got [insert amount] of green squares"

Yeah, but that is true though. I feel that the rep is a way better indicator of somebody's knowledge and computer worth then their post count

Back
Top Bottom