Weird Pool game

Celery

Golden Master
I downloaded a retro game called Cool Pool a few days ago. It's a 3D game and has several game types you can play. I have a blast with it and I like to play 8 ball.

Just a while ago I started to play 8 ball and broke the rack but did not sink any ball. It's the computer's turn so it aimed and sunk the eight ball. I'm the winner!

HUH?

WTH is that ?? Did the computer have a brain fart?

Weird. :lol:

The computer just shoots the queball and the physics simulation takes over. It wouldn't be any fun if the computer controlled all the balls on the table every shot. It would sink all the balls every turn.

I know the computer have a dumb clause built in so it gives me a chance but to sink an eight ball in with all balls on table? It usually just flub a long shot that's all.

In a simulation, anything that can happen has a chance of occurring and that is one outcome that can happen. I don't think it will happen all the time though, just like on a real table.

I find that unusual because it knows what balls are on the table and the rules of the game. It has to know that it's an eight ball it sunk and it loses on purpose.

Damn, it did it again. This time I broke the rack and knocked a ball off the table. The computer got ball in hand and lined it up with the eight ball.

It sunk it and I'm the winner! I think I found a flaw in the AI.

DUH! :lol:

It's buggy. Found another game that's really something. It's called Virtual Pool 4 and $30 for the full version.

I love to play pool and I'm seriously thinking about buying it.

Back
Top Bottom