Weird?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Just thought i'd let you know my weird happenings with CF lately...today I got this email from (unknown sender) and (unknown subject) with this in the body:

Dear danmayse,

Thank you for registering at the Computer Forums. Before we can activate your account one last step must be taken to complete your registration.

Please note - you must complete this last step to become a registered member. You will only need to visit this url once to activate your account.

To complete your registration, please visit this url:
Edited Out.

If you are still having problems signing up please contact a member of our support staff at admin@computerforums.org

All the best,
Computer Forums

And also, usually I recieve an email when someone replies to a topic i'm subscribed with, but not in the last couple of days. I have also been getting emails that say something like "Dear JOE BLOW, John Smith has just replied to a thread you subscribed to "Thread 1" which is meant to be sent to Joe blow not me..

Matt

Was the URL actually a link to CF?? If it wasn't, it could be someone phishing, although who knows where they got your email from...

Check the Properties of the message to see if it's actually from CF or not. (in Outlook - right-click the e-mail, properties)

It's not hard to spoof e-mail addresses. The CF server probably just messed up, but you can't be too careful.

Yeah, it's done it to me a few times, but this is the first time i've gotten a registration email. Usually it's just a "dear freestyler etc"

Matt

Back
Top Bottom