Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-23-2018, 12:13 AM   #1
Baseband Member

Default Web and graphic design careers

We all know that in web design or development there are so many many lanes you can go down , and in the time of your career you might even change up from a web developer to somebody doing online marketing to making mobile apps. Its ll a little daunting when you look at it all. I am not in the position where im studying my third language, but i knid of wander where am i going with this now. I dont have any clear directive. So my question is what are you as a web or graphic designer planning career wise , perhaps we can get some insih from older more experienced users to tell us about some of the paths we are choosing

Old 03-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #2
Solid State Member

Default Re: Web and graphic design careers

The web development field is pretty broad. Everyone that I know who has found success has done so by creating a portfolio and then building a business. The portfolio generally comes from friends and family needing sites. Sometimes it's design for the sake of design.

After you build up a body of work, reach out to local businesses and show them what you can do.