Wearable computing?

I have two watches one of which is a really good one and I never wear them and still in boxes. I like the idea of them but don't know if I'd get the use/wear out of them. Also I wouldn't pay for $14000 for the Apple Watch..

luckily the starting price of that garbage isn't 14000 :lol:
It's 350 for the small sport version. The sport comes with a kiddy looking silicon band.
I am look at it. WTF

Apple_Watch_Sport_42mm_Silver_Aluminium_Case_with_Green_Sport_Band_600_lq_0001.jpg

The cheapest Apple iwatch (non sport) comes with a steel or leather band and a slight better quality casing and glass. It also comes with a price of 550 bucks. Good lord :confused:

Last edited:
At those prices, I would never consider an Apple watch. With phones, the carrier subsidizes the cost so that the phone can be had at a much lower cost (they get it back thru the monthly subscription).

It certainly would not be worth $350 or more to me to not need to pull my phone out of my pocket to perform some functions.

Just picked up a Fitbit Surge for $250.

Tracks all daily activity and even sleeping patterns. I can set goals (workout, distance, food intake, etc) and it will keep up to speed on them. Plus, it just looks like a digital watch.
simple.b-cssdisabled-png.h36db51eef2f68648ccc60165a22be1b6.pack

Just picked up a Fitbit Surge for $250.

Tracks all daily activity and even sleeping patterns. I can set goals (workout, distance, food intake, etc) and it will keep up to speed on them. Plus, it just looks like a digital watch.
simple.b-cssdisabled-png.h36db51eef2f68648ccc60165a22be1b6.pack

Now, compared to the Apple Watch, this is in my opinion a great device! Simply a stand-alone fitness device, less bulky than a phone, and has supporting software if you connect it to your PC... plus it looks good and seems to have a smaller profile!

Back
Top Bottom