Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
Golden Master

Default Re: watch this, you migth fall into cardiac arrest

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=funnier

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
Old 03-25-2006, 12:48 AM   #12
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

I highly doubt funnier is a word. Maybe it's excepted as a term but it'snot officially a word. And yes, I do know what I'm talking about. My support for this is my English teacher, actually make that two english teachers, both with Master's Degree's and teaching for 20+ years. Last time we spoke on the word, "funnier" I'm pretty sure we came to the conclusion that it didn't exsist.

[EDIT] Dictionary.com uses anything accepted as common talk. Of course it will be in there, it's an accepted term. But it's not an official word in the English language.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:50 AM   #13
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to 88

And you believe that a single person's opinion has credibility over a dictionary that was written and edited by numerous people? Don't be so gullible...

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lsung!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:51 AM   #14
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortion88
And you believe that a single person's opinion has credibility over a dictionary that was written and edited by numerous people? Don't be so gullible...
How is that gullible? Please, enlighten me on how that is POSSIBLY gullible.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:55 AM   #15
Fully Optimized

uhh haha, how about immediately believing what a person tells you? Why not try doing some research (starting by looking at every dictionary in existence) and see that the rest of world doesn't agree with your teacher. Oh and SURPRISE! Teachers aren't the smartest people in the world! So think before you act and don't try to correct people when they are, in fact, correct.

Old 03-25-2006, 12:57 AM   #16
BSOD

Quote:
uhh haha, how about immediately believing what a person tells you? Why not try doing some research (starting by looking at every dictionary in existence) and see that the rest of world doesn't agree with your teacher. Oh and SURPRISE! Teachers aren't the smartest people in the world! So think before you act and don't try to correct people when they are, in fact, correct.
The person is kind of a teacher, you're kind of SUPPOSSED to believe what they tell you. But hey, I supposse if you want to be stupid and not listen to them, sure, go right ahead.

Think before I act? You really want to start an arguement don't you? Ok, be my guest.

[EDIT] Teachers aren't the smartest people in the world? Are fucking retarded? Teachers happen to be the people who know generally everythign about a specific or given subject. Gee I don't know, maybe we should all go up to our professors and say, "Hey! I can't be gullible! I can't listen to you because that's being gullible. Not to mention, you're stupid!" Ok pal, you go right ahead and do that.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:00 AM   #17
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child

I don't think this is funny. This guy has Tourette Syndrome. And that isn't funny, is it? Frankly, making fun of someone else isn't that funny to me, when they have some sort of disease. Who ever filmed that should think before posting it to the web.

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/funnier

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
Old 03-25-2006, 01:03 AM   #18
Fully Optimized

I can't help but get the impression that you are a very closed minded person who just accepts whatever people tell you given the idea that these people, or "informants" if you may, are seemingly qualified to know everything and anything that is "correct" in the world. Seriously just lay off, you've already got me irritated by your unasked for attempt to correct me when I was not at all incorrect with any the words I had spoken. There's nothing left to argue about so unless you want to start a new topic for argument then keep quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdgr
That is proving my point, yes.

Old 03-25-2006, 01:07 AM   #19
BSOD

Quote:
I can't help but get the impression that you are a very closed minded person who just accepts whatever people tell you given the idea that these people, or "informants" if you may, are seemingly qualified to know everything and anything that is "correct" in the world. Seriously just lay off, you've already got me irritated by your unasked for attempt to correct me when I was not at all incorrect with any the words I had spoken. There's nothing left to argue about so unless you want to start a new topic for argument then keep quiet.

I honestly don't give a shit what you think. I'm saying I was listenign to a teacher, how is that close-minded? So now we aren't suppossed to listen to the people who are teaching us? I think you're slightly retarded. First you say to listen to them is gullible, now it's close-minded. What's next? Let me guess, next we shouldn't even attaend their class, because that would be "close-minded".

And how do you get "informants"? I said TEACHERS!!!! Do you not speak english? I never once said I randomdly got my information, I said I got it from TWO teachers, both who have degrees in their field of expertise. Oh now I'm just waiting for you to tell me that this is "gullible" or some other very idioti =c form of bullshit.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:10 AM   #20
Fully Optimized

lol seriously, you should just stop. Now you're even putting words in my mouth that I did not not say and bitching me out over it. My point was, do listen to what they have to say because teachers do have knowledge, but they are also people just the same and people make mistakes in their judgement. It is human nature. All I am saying is think critically and don't always agree with what people tell you is true.

edit - I can't believe this has all started over me using the word funnier. I almost wish I had some foresight to see the implications of using such words before I type them.

Closed Thread