Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default watch it.

http://www.break.com/index/tough-to-argue.html

spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis
Default Re: watch it.

Yeah, sure he makes sense but you have to admit that he oversimplifies the nature of Global Warming. I am a steadfast believer in taking 'column a' but the way he presents it says that it is a 50-50 chance that it will or it won't happen. There is no chance, it is going to happen, and people need to know THAT.

Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
Golden Master

There is no proof it is going to happen. No way to prove it for sure.

Global warming is happening, the debate is over how much humans are impacting it. Personally, I don't think we are making that big of an impact. The Earth naturally goes through warmer and colder cycles (think - Ice Ages) and this is just part of a warmer cycle. No doubt we are impacting it some, but I don't believe it's significant enough.

That said, he makes a valid point. But there really isn't anything we personally can do about it. Any changes must be made on a governmental level or nothing will happen.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105 View Post
There is no proof it is going to happen. No way to prove it for sure.

Global warming is happening, the debate is over how much humans are impacting it. Personally, I don't think we are making that big of an impact. The Earth naturally goes through warmer and colder cycles (think - Ice Ages) and this is just part of a warmer cycle. No doubt we are impacting it some, but I don't believe it's significant enough.
You spoke my mind. Earth has heated up and cooled down with out humans. Prime example of heating up since Freestyler has mentioned ice-ages, would be the nice warm periods between each ice-age. If we weren't around to pollute things back to warm, what caused it? Nature.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:27 PM   #5
BSOD

Send a message via MSN to Rudster816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelis View Post
Yeah, sure he makes sense but you have to admit that he oversimplifies the nature of Global Warming. I am a steadfast believer in taking 'column a' but the way he presents it says that it is a 50-50 chance that it will or it won't happen. There is no chance, it is going to happen, and people need to know THAT.
how is there no chance that it will happen? people have PROVED that the global temperature is rising
Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:30 PM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis

You misunderstood me. I said that there is no chance that it isn't, therefore it is going to happen. If you read the entire post you will understand that I said that he was talking about chances, and that there is no chances, it WILL happen.

Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote