warranty question (xbox 360)

Spec

Fully Optimized
Haha..i bought my xbox360 the day it was released from Costco... well..finally as of last night i got the RROD watching netflix.

Do you think Costco would take a return? i still have the receipt.

Also..do you guys know what the policy is on the XBOX360 warranty?

think tis 1year and then what ever your retailer has
go to xbox.com and fill out the register nw consol under support if the costco warrent isnt coverred

I did this at xbox.com. They want freaking 150USD to fix it..and it will take 20-35 business days. says my warranty expired in 2007, god dammit Microsoft is bullshit.

thats how much a used xbox arcade is...
id try costco see if they take it if not then you could always try cragslist people can fix them there

RROD is covered for 3 years, while other defects are covered for 1 year.

I was told it was easy to fix RROD, you just need to open up your 360, buy an new heatsink online, replace the thermal paste and heatsink, and it should work again and you wouldn't have to worry about the RROD again.

Teny, no. This doesnt work, you need a hot-air rework station. I used to fix them. But its my personal xbox and i don't want to risk breaking it more.

its a problem with the BGA and the motherboard. BGA desolders points and the mobo warps. Causing the RROD.

I thought the RROD was caused mainly by overheating.

You could wrap it in a towel? or try that oven trick that worked on that one graphics card that was posted here back then.

According to squidoo, there's about 6 reasons why the 360 will RROD. So unless you are willing to open up your 360, you probably won't know what's wrong.

Towel trick worked. But, im thinkin about returning it to gamestop or someshit.

Back
Top Bottom