Warhead's candies

Brookfield

Golden Master
In an English newspaper today, two eight year old girls had to be seen by a doctor, & given injections & anti-biotics after sucking these candies, they had "medium to severe" burns on their tongues, apparently, on the packet it says to hold them in the mouth for a while, they are made in Taiwan, & distributed by Impact Confections of Colorado, apparently some schools in the US have banned them, there is a variation "Mega WarHeads", I got most of this info from Wikipedia

Have you experienced these, if so, what are your views?, any of you got burnt mouths when you were younger?

not a fan of hot or spicy stuff....plus i don't really do much with candy anyway....this is news to me, interesting topic....

David Lindon said:
Where they aciding then or something?
They sure were, doctor's intervention proved that, I'll be interested to see the response I get, when schools ban them, well! and made in Taiwan eek!

Sheesh, I thought spicy stuff was hot enough...but the fact that putting acids or equivalent....ergh!

Nik00117 said:
Lots of stuff are made in Taiwan just look at your CPU it should say "Made in Taiwan."
All of mine's are saying Made in Malaysia...not Taiwan.

Haha, I miss those Mega Warheads. I remember those...if you kept it too long on one side, it'll eat away bits of the skin. One of my friends pushed a Warhead to the side of his mouth and later, he got this little crater hole because the acidity ate away a bit of the cheek skin. Personally I never got any injuries or anything, probably because I ate them like I was supposed to. :p

Brookfield said:
They sure were, doctor's intervention proved that, I'll be interested to see the response I get, when schools ban them, well! and made in Taiwan eek!

I would rather have it made in Taiwan rather than made in China. Being an informed Chinese, all I can say is that some places in China use less than healthy methods of producing food. You probably won't find any more fake stuff than in China. You can have fake soy sauce, fake eggs, fake whatever! There were reports in some chinese newspapers a while ago talking about how some vendors sold roast pidgeon (yes, it's somewhat of a delicacy), but instead of using pidgeon, it was really mice caught from the street side. :eek: Or there was this whole thing a while ago where some reporter was suspicious about this stinky tofu place, and he went undercover. Stinky tofu is made stinky by a certain fermentation process, but what these guys did is way beyond nasty. What they did to make it stinky was by urinating and using feces on trays of tofu to give it a stinky flavor. :eek: Later, health officials and police raided the place, and when they opened the boxes of tofu with shit and piss covering it, some threw up and one or two even fainted.

So don't think that just because it's made in Taiwan, it sucks. It isn't. Be glad it's not made in China, or you may find yourself consuming fake Mega Warheads. ;) Becides, some of the best computer hardware companies are in or are from Taiwan. ASUS, ASRock, Acer, BenQ, MSI, HIS, DFI, Abit and whole bunch. :)

alvino said:
Haha, I miss those Mega Warheads. I remember those...if you kept it too long on one side, it'll eat away bits of the skin. One of my friends pushed a Warhead to the side of his mouth and later, he got this little crater hole because the acidity ate away a bit of the cheek skin. Personally I never got any injuries or anything, probably because I ate them like I was supposed to. :p

I ate them all the time and never had a problem. I remember when i was younger, not having a helmet when you rode your bike taught you NOT to fall off!

Edited for content

Back
Top Bottom