Warez site's - are they illegal?

So could the owner of the site get prosecuted for the content on the site or would they not be able to do anything?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the owner of the site would be responsible for the content that is on the site.

The site itself is perfectly legal, p2p is perfectly legal, it's the material that is illegal. Distributing copyrighted material is the part that is illegal. That's what most people use p2p for, downloading and sharing material that is copyrighted like music and movies so thats why people think that p2p is illegal. It's not, it's the material that makes it illegal.
QFT :)
they should shut them down and target the bigger uploaders if they want to stop piracy, not random people by disconnecting their internet. it sucks. luckily im all for piracy (well to an extent) so i hope that doesnt happen :p

okay then. Well could the owner of the site who lives in the uk for example get prosecuted if his/her site is hosted on another server in another country and they did not have such laws against warez sites?

okay then. Well could the owner of the site who lives in the uk for example get prosecuted if his/her site is hosted on another server in another country and they did not have such laws against warez sites?

I guess it depends on whether the site owner has anything in place to stop uploading of copyrighted material

all warez sites have the files located on different servers (rapidshare, etc). all the ones ive been on also do not allow any illegal stuff onto their servers, so i guess its not a problem for them.

Back
Top Bottom