war talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: war talk gian

Dude, airiox.. I already said three of my family members served in the American military during WWII. Two of which served in the italian campaigns (the allied invasion of Sicily). So my interests are more with the US, then Spain.

That's what I'm trying to get across.... I just know some people who say that US is responsible for winning the war, which is simply not true, it was equally shared by the allies.

If the US didn't join.. this would happen: sometime in 42, Germany would finally assemble a massive siege and assault on the UK. They would probably capture them by late '42. Japan would keep expanding down the eastern asian countries. Now Germany and Italy would face one major front, and that would be Russia. Because Russia by that time was really starting to get it's military machine rolling, it would be a standstill for a long time, but eventually Germany would break it, esspecialy because Japan would probably be able to lend some troops from the east, because they wouldn't be fighting Pacific. And of course, as soon as Russia fell, the rest of Asia would be rather easy.

But that type of scenario, one way or another, goes to all three of the great allies, so it's simply wrong to say that one nation was responsible for winning the war.

Okay, I'm too tired, so I'm off to bed..

Oh cool. My great Grandpa was a doctor over there. He wasnt on the frontlines. He was a guy that attended to the severely wounded.

My grandpa was like 13 in 1942 so.

Russia wouldnt have lasted for a whole lot longer either. Germany was steamrolling them. At most they would have lasted til 1945. Then would have fallen.

Russia got it revenge in the long run. The reason germany is so passive today is because of the Russian Occupation.

rakedog said:
That's what I'm trying to get across.... I just know some people who say that US is responsible for winning the war, which is simply not true, it was equally shared by the allies.

I just want to say simply, your beliefs are off balanced. Have you ever been paying attention in class? If the US didn't get involved, it would of been impossible for Russia to do a damn thing. First off the Russian airforce was decrepit at best. How the hell would they do bombings without the best bomber in the world, the AMERICAN B-24? It was the AMERICAN B-24 that decimiated Germany itself before the Russians even got through Ukraine.

Now Germany and Italy would face one major front, and that would be Russia. Because Russia by that time was really starting to get it's military machine rolling, it would be a standstill for a long time, but eventually Germany would break it, esspecialy because Japan would probably be able to lend some troops from the east, because they wouldn't be fighting Pacific. And of course, as soon as Russia fell, the rest of Asia would be rather easy.

Japan was mostly responsible for pushing the US into involvement because of their strike on Pearl Harbor. In essence, it is said the Japanese strke marked the end for the axis powers. Additionally, Russia would not of been a problem because the Soviet Union was very close to collapse in 1943. If Hitler didn't have to deal with North Africa he could of forced Stalin to flee by train, causing the collapse of the Soviet capitol, Moscow. If it wasn't for the United States, the Russian military machine would of never happened. And it didn't get rolling until 1944. If the Germans had their King Tigers in full production, the T-34 would of been made into heap trash, unfortunately. No tank could stand a chance against the King Tiger. Lets just thank goodness, Hitler was stupid and a horrible tactican. We also know the Japanese were causing problems for the Russians on the other side.

But that type of scenario, one way or another, goes to all three of the great allies, so it's simply wrong to say that one nation was responsible for winning the war.

Okay, I'm too tired, so I'm off to bed..

I think the US is the most responsible for ending WWII. They afterall fought three major countries. The Russians weren't even helping fight against the Japanese, until 1945. And that was almost nothing. The US was busy island hoping, and fighting in Africa and Europe. I give them the most credit.

*Correction made. The US fought the Japanese, Italy and Germany.

But, they all deserve cradit, even if the US gets most of it...

Yep without the US then WWII would have been an Axis victory.

Without FDR millions of lives would have been saved also. His passivism let the Uk fall in ruins and killed million in Concentration camps. FDR was the worst President in US history. Too bad you wont be taught that in schools.

LOL I only remeber a Biography about his wife, Elenor Roosevelt.

FDR made big mistakes about the concentration camps. However, it was more the complaceny of the American public in the late 30s... they were against any involvement of the US in the war until Pearl Harbor. I don't think FDR was that bad in directing the war. He was pretty decent. His economic programs were horrible though (and extended the depression).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom