Wanna see what happens when you shoot a hard drive?

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
Well, so did I. So I brought a dead one that had ticked me off up to deer camp this weekend, and when I didn't even see a deer, I needed to take the anger out on something.

I'm hoping you all know what a normal hard drive looks like. This was shot with a 7mm-08 round at 200 yards. To be honest, it took me a few shots to get it.

OK, lets start with the front, or "Entry wound":

DSC00142.jpg

OK, now, look at the back, nice size expansion of the hole. Also notice the charring on the drive. That WAS NOT there before it was shot.

DSC00143.jpg

Now, what really suprised me was the path of the bullet. It entered strait, but did not leave so. Take a look, I put a tooth-pick in the hole to show you the degree of change in path.

DSC00140.jpg

The bullet and magnet probably had the same charge, positive or negative, so they repelled eachother. It is possible, I have played around with powerful magnets and nails, and at a few points, I couldn't even get the nail close to the magnet.

Did some nice damage to the HD, I must say, good job celegorm.

The bullet and magnet probably had the same charge, positive or negative, so they repelled eachother. It is possible, I have played around with powerful magnets and nails, and at a few points, I couldn't even get the nail close to the magnet.

Did some nice damage to the HD, I must say, good job celegorm.

Maybe, It's kinda hard to tell now :cool: Thanks :)

plug it in and see if it workS :p

I'm tempted, but judging by the rattling and the fact all the circuitry is fried, I doubt the result would be good to the PSU of the computer I test it on.

I'm tempted, but judging by the rattling and the fact all the circuitry is fried, I doubt the result would be good to the PSU of the computer I test it on.

man you should see what type of hard drives i plug in. i spit on the circuit board of an old hard drive while it was running. then i screwed with all the circuitry. the PSU is still alive

Back
Top Bottom