Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default Walk Out on the 5th

http://worldcantwait.net/

That site has all the info, but to summarize, massive nation-wide protests and walk out this thursday in the US against the Bush regime.

I have to say the most interesting thing about that site is that it correctly points out that Democrats won't improve the situation much if they take control of Congress next month.

Anybody going to participate?

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Walk Out on the 5th

I'm not participating..... these walkouts and stuff just aren't my thing, also I'm kinda 50/50 on bush, don't love him don't hate him.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to BigLu

remember, remember, the fifth of november
BigLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:46 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

nah, i'm not the type that would take part in these controversial topics, and most students in my highschool could really careless about political matters, so i'd be the only one getting suspended for leaving school grounds lmao.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

I find it a shame that so few people in my school give a XXXX about politics or historical events. Like it or not, it affects our lives, and our generation is the one that's going to pay off the debts of the war and Bush's debt.
EDITED I know that passions run high, but no bad language please

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 AM   #6
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just don't read them."
- Someone (I think it was Ray Bradbury)

Personally, I don't care as much about politics, but I do care about historical events. History...is just fun. It's one of my favorite subjects.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:48 AM   #7
Golden Master

I can't see how a mass walk-out will help, the powers that be will simply ignore it, but if you want my opinion, your idiot president can't go fast enough, him & our PM Blair, if it wasn't for those two, thousands of allied forces wouldn't be dead & dying as we speak, I can guarantee that more will be killed today, & the next, & the next, etc
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

It might not do anything, but usually a mass of people agreeing in one cause will be enough to catch the attention of anyone.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #9
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
It might not do anything, but usually a mass of people agreeing in one cause will be enough to catch the attention of anyone.
Yeah, a bunch of kooks, old ladies making quilts, & rent-a-crowd, sorry to sound so negative.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 03:07 PM   #10
Fully Optimized

It may have a surprising outcome, though the fact that I heard about this walkout via computerforums does not bode well for tomorrow's little demonstration.
I don't think it's been publicized enough to have a profound enough effect on the executive branch.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote