w00t got my core2quad

Hmm, my Acer will only take a Core 2 Duo, and it's an SiS 672...which means I can have a Core 2 Duo, but only at 800MHZ. Oh well, don't need Quad now.

Here's the rule of thumb for determining whether or not a game is multithreaded.

Pick a game.

It's not multithreaded. lol
There are a few recent exceptions but nothing remotely old, really.

Anything below Crysis and I believe Halo2, won't take it. I do believe Halo 2 and later does support it, but I'm not too sure. Mayber The second FEAR game will support more cores as well.

This is one of the reasons I have not bought a quad yet. Sure I've thought about it but I can't even use 100% of both my cores on my core2duo.

There are plenty of games that support 2 cores but few like crysis that support 4 cores. But whats the point of 4 core support with crysis when it doesn't use more than 60% of 2 cores.

You made the right move though. With quad core prices the way they are if I was making a new build I'd go quad too but I can't see going there on my system yet.

Quads are taking off and i'm guessing in 08 there should have many apps/games that should support 4 cores.

Yeah I just wish the "Core Wars" would slow down enough to allow devs to program for them before they release something new and different.

Yeah they should just stop for like a year then come out with a whoole new line of everything.

Here's the rule of thumb for determining whether or not a game is multithreaded.

Pick a game.

It's not multithreaded. lol
There are a few recent exceptions but nothing remotely old, really.
I LOL'ed :D

Back
Top Bottom