Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-17-2007, 05:15 AM   #21
Golden Master

Default Re: A vote on bad forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337
ComputerForums.org is a "forum". What borat_sagdiyev posted was a thread.

Please make this distinction. If this forum was closed, David would disable ALL posting on it!1
Forum, thread, whatever, as to David, he is more than happy to leave this forum alone, & he says that he will leave closing it, because of arguments etc, to me, so, if anyone closes it, I shall re-open it, can I just make myself clear here, whatever the result, I shall of course go along with it, that's what voting is all about, I once had a position as chief voting officer for a local council, so I know what I'm talking about.

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #22
Golden Master

It would of been easier if you just set up a poll on the thread. (I think if you made it you can click thread options and add a poll that way.)

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #23
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Haha, how does your privacy get violated by Microsoft with Vista? Hahah, I actually laughed out loud when I read that.
because they can screw you over by disabling your drivers if your pc is not vista certified.
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #24
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat_sagdiyev
because they can screw you over by disabling your drivers if your pc is not vista certified.
Never heard of that, can you post a link to that info for me? Cheers
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #25
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
That is actually not true. I'm using Vista and they highly recommend that you install drivers signed by Microsoft, but if they aren't, they're not going to gimp your computer.

That's almost as ridiculous as the recent rumor that if you didn't have a legally activated version of Windows Vista, Microsoft would disable your computer.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #26
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to borat_sagdiyev Send a message via MSN to borat_sagdiyev

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Devices such as graphic cards must be approved by Microsoft. Depending on what the content demands, the devices may not pass premium content over non-encrypted outputs, or they must artificially degrade the quality of the signal on such outputs or not display it all. There is also a revocation mechanism that allows Microsoft to disable drivers of compromised devices in end-user PCs over the Interne
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_vista#Criticism
evga geforce 7600GT overclocked
borat_sagdiyev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:18 PM   #27
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, one of the complaints was about HDCP. Another reason why I'm not ready to adopt any of the next-gen formats like Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #28
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Forum, thread, whatever, as to David, he is more than happy to leave this forum alone, & he says that he will leave closing it, because of arguments etc, to me, so, if anyone closes it, I shall re-open it, can I just make myself clear here, whatever the result, I shall of course go along with it, that's what voting is all about, I once had a position as chief voting officer for a local council, so I know what I'm talking about.
Can you please use proper grammar and punctuation? That was the biggest run-on sentence i've ever seen in my life.
hankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #29
Fully Optimized

Send a message via MSN to Š88

where's the poll options?

Kein Alkohol ist auch keine Lösung!
Š88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 02:51 PM   #30
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

Quote:
Wiki is really not a valid source, it has been shown repeatedly that the information is often skewed, or shall believe the recent stuff that was posted about CF....

In terms of the actual thread topic, I think if you are gonna post some stuff then there should be a warning, I really don't want to view stuff like skinning animals, yeah it exists, but I don't want to see it especially as I think that the posts have been posted just to make an impact!!!

In other forums I use, the post popular term is NSFW, "Not suitable for Work"

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote