Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Volvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSensei View Post
You know what get's me. Every time I take my Quad out to the Desert to ride, I'll come by sections of the Highway that are marked "Headlights On mandatory beyond this point" and it's clear as day, I don't get it. The road does not curve or have roundabouts, The road and other vehicles oncoming are clear and unubstructed.
It's to scare away the aliens. They are there for your own good.

David Lindon: "Faggot"
ghostFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #12
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
You know what get's me. Every time I take my Quad out to the Desert to ride, I'll come by sections of the Highway that are marked "Headlights On mandatory beyond this point" and it's clear as day, I don't get it. The road does not curve or have roundabouts, The road and other vehicles oncoming are clear and unubstructed.
Just incase a solar eclipse comes into play?

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #13
BSOD

Quote:
Really? seems rather odd to me. While everyone is going on about climate change etc and then some cars go and do that.
climate change? Dude, I want what your smoking. Seriously though, Tommy Boy hit the nail on the head with that answer. Thats exactly why.

Quote:
They're called daytime running lights and just about every car here in America has them these days.
Exactly.
0x0161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

yeah most cars have them, and to be honest I don't see why not. Sure it's not really necessary but it doesn't do any harm.

ohh and as for the climate change thing, I even saw some guy come to a car forum and he was like "I'm not a tree hugger or anything but is there any way to turn daytime running lights off since I feel like I'm wasting electricty because I don't need the lights during the day".
Old 03-08-2008, 06:52 PM   #15
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0x0161 View Post
climate change? Dude, I want what your smoking. Seriously though, Tommy Boy hit the nail on the head with that answer. Thats exactly why.

Exactly.
I Guess they use more energy... So i see what David's getting at. Anyway, I'm off to sleep. Cya guys!
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #16
BSOD

Quote:
I Guess they use more energy... So i see what David's getting at.
Oh okay I didn't look at it like that now I understand what Admin is stating, my bad dude. I thought he was talking about like the Antarctica drying out or something.
0x0161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #17
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

Quote:
They do that to help see oncoming cars through the mirages that are a common occurrence along long stretches of road.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

My mom always tells me to turn mine on because it makes you "safer." What. I highly doubt it, probably another coincidental statistic.

My car does not have DRLs, all the lights are on a manual switch. I rewired it a little bit through to let the fog lights run independent of the headlights, so I just turn on the fogs and leave the headlights off in the daytime. Maybe it will make those last a little bit longer.

As far as I can tell, all the GM cars have automatic amber DRLs. Don't know if Ford has done anything like that yet.
D-Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #19
In Runtime

My grandmas grand prix does it.
pooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Well, when I was revising the Highway code, apparently motorbikes are meant to have there lights on in the day to help motorists see them.

Maybe they are making cars do the same...