Vista Vs Suse: The smackdown

I really like SuSe but I still havent managed to dual boot with Windows. When I get fed up with trying to make Linux work, I need to have Windows to switch over to; thats why I still keep Windows.

The cons of Linux are that it isnt as compatible, install can be difficult, and a lot of devices don't work.

mammikoura said:
so why isn't windows gone?

Well, it's not just the games, there is the factor in which I need to run quite alot of programs, which Linux does not have. Or, nor, can be supported.

I had a go with suse but it lacked the support for the things I wanted to run which is why I had to switch back to windows. It was a while ago but it would be great if it can get the support!

quite alot of programs, which Linux does not have.

Like?

For all of you who think that Linux is just a replacement of Windows, or is just Windows without the viruses, you guys have a skewed idea of it. Read this article:

http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW1.htm

Don't switch to Linux just because now it plays games too. You could play counterstrike on Linux for years, if you dedicated yourself to getting it to work.

I'm serious guys, read that article, it is well worth it.

I agree with the article. I devoted time with Konsole n KDE to install some applications, but for some other reasons, some stuff were not...and it was annoying. I should take some more time to do tht again. I think I'll give OpenSuse 10 a go and do it. Heck, I was able to install stuff, so it's a good start. I would say that it is more like DOS, where you enter paths in order to install them. You also have an add/remove programs just for that too. I know my way around stuff on Linux, but the names they give, like KBGE (random guessed letters), is like confusing...a lot.

Vista is gonna be the next big thing. If they can get SUSE to be more user-friendly and be able to offer support for all your perphierals then it would be the best os, and MS would have a run for their money.

This is where you are wrong mate. Suse 10 has much more driver support than older Linux versions. User=friendly is a weak point, but we can say semi-user-friendly.

Anyways, should I try it? (Single boot only...)

Back
Top Bottom