Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #21
Golden Master

Default Re: Vista RC1 IS A PUBLIC BETA NOW!!!!

It won't let me download. It states, "Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista.

Access to this file is restricted to Customer Preview Program participants only. Please refer to your invitation email for access instruction."

Let me add on to the original post here:

Windows Vista Customer Preview Program

"The final major pre-release of Windows Vista—Release Candidate 1 (RC1)—is now available for priority access by Customer Preview Program (CPP) participants only. If you registered for this program in June, please look for a recent e-mail message from Microsoft (sent in early September) with information regarding RC1. If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks. Please check this site periodically for updates.

Customer participation and feedback are integral parts of our development process. Thank you for deciding to install and test RC1 and for being a critical part of the Windows Vista team!"

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/preview.mspx

Old 09-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Haha, too bad? o.O

I remember Ownage showed me this link a while back where you could register for the Windows Vista CCP and they would send you the Windows Vista Beta 2 (or was it RC1?) in a DVD and pre-packaged in a case. Still hasn't arrived yet, but usually that stuff always takes 6 weeks or more.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:14 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Lac3y

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
It won't let me download. It states, "Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista.

Access to this file is restricted to Customer Preview Program participants only. Please refer to your invitation email for access instruction."

Let me add on to the original post here:

Windows Vista Customer Preview Program

"The final major pre-release of Windows Vista—Release Candidate 1 (RC1)—is now available for priority access by Customer Preview Program (CPP) participants only. If you registered for this program in June, please look for a recent e-mail message from Microsoft (sent in early September) with information regarding RC1. If you are not registered but would like to receive Windows Vista RC1, the CPP will open to new participants in the coming weeks. Please check this site periodically for updates.

Customer participation and feedback are integral parts of our development process. Thank you for deciding to install and test RC1 and for being a critical part of the Windows Vista team!"

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...y/preview.mspx
To download it you needed to apply for the the Vista Customer Program in June. I did so I have no problem downloading
ATI Radeon HD4890 with VoltageTweak
OCZ Stealth XStream 600w PSU
Old 09-10-2006, 01:20 PM   #24
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Haha, too bad? o.O

I remember Ownage showed me this link a while back where you could register for the Windows Vista CCP and they would send you the Windows Vista Beta 2 (or was it RC1?) in a DVD and pre-packaged in a case. Still hasn't arrived yet, but usually that stuff always takes 6 weeks or more.
I wish they would send me one
Old 09-10-2006, 01:37 PM   #25
Golden Master

I haven't signed up darn it. It is by far the best Windows I have ever seen. Windows XP is good as far as reliability goes, but Windows Vista just looks good. Don't know on how stable it will be.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #26
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by natej315
I wish they would send me one
Heh, well you were supposed to register for it. Too late now.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #27
Golden Master

Didn't you have to pay like $7 for the discs to be sent to your home?
Old 09-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #28
Golden Master

Nope. Completely free. I'm guessing Microsoft pays for the shipping.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:15 PM   #29
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK

Am downloading it now, haven't had time to try the beta version, but I guess one of these days I will have a free weekend to play around with it.....

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
Old 09-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #30
In Runtime

Itll take 37 minutes for me, 735 kb per sec. I cant wait, the preview makes it look so good!

Closed Thread