Virus alert- - - Virus alert- - - Virus alert

Brookfield

Golden Master
VIRUS ALERT

This is apparently a stinker, it was only distributed yesterday, Oct 5th, a d/load is offered of a Budweiser Frog Screensaver, I'm told that among other things your HD will crash.
AOL describe it as "very dangerous"

Spread the word

root said:
is there a link to a security report?
Unfortunately not, I have had several emails like this over a period, from the same batch of friends, some from a friend in Canada, accompanied by a long list of abot sixty previous people that it was forwarded to, it's genuine alright.

* I've also posted it in the staff area.

The only reason I asked about the security site is that this was, (a nuber of years ago when the budweiser frog adverts were out)...

a well known hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/budfrogs.asp

I was just wondering if someone had taken something like a hoax virus and made it real after people had let their guards down.

David Lindon said:
What is it called?
I've no idea, as I explained, the same people have forwarded several virus warnings in the past, all were reliable, one wiped the HD of a friends computer, an hour before I forwarded the warning.

It was forwarded to me informally, so no official name for this particular virus is mentioned, as AOL was mentioned, perhaps a member who has this, could get a verification from them

Apologies, this is a hoax ater all, I have it on good authority, apparently hundreds were caught out, I'm embarrassed!

Apologies all round, the Budweiser virus was a hoax after all, see the longer explanation that I put on David's post, I am about to tell the person who forwarded it to me, stand by for the rumble of thunder.

Back
Top Bottom